San Jose Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Couples and individuals considering adopting or placing a child for adoption in or near San Jose often wonder what resources, services and professionals are available to them. Whether you are facing an unplanned pregnancy or are interested in becoming an adoptive or foster parent, this guide provides the information you need about San Jose adoption agencies, home study providers and more. Visit our Adoption in California page for more information about state adoption laws and processes.
Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals in San JoseAdoption agencies and attorneys are often great resources for local adoption information, both for prospective birth parents and adoptive families. If you are interested in working with an adoption professional near San Jose, these local professionals can provide adoption information and services in your area:
Become a Foster Parent in San JoseIf you are interested in opening your home to a child in foster care, either as a foster or adoptive parent, these local agencies and resources can provide the information you need about foster care in San Jose:
- Santa Clara County DFCS
- Families for Children
- Bill Wilson Center
- EMQ FamiliesFirst
- Rebekah Children’s Services
San Jose Home Study ServicesAnyone seeking to adopt or become a foster parent in San Jose must complete a home study that satisfies all California requirements. Information about the California home study process, qualifications and post-placement study is available here. In addition, the following professionals are legally qualified to perform home studies in California and can provide more information about what to expect during the home study: Near San Jose:
- Adoption Connection 415-359-2491 Adoption Connection provides home study services to families in1 9 California counties, including Santa Clara county.
- AAC – Alpha Adoption Centers 877-955-2122 Alpha Adoption Centers is a nonprofit adoption agency licensed by the state of California to provide domestic home studies and post-placement services for Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside, Los Angeles and San Diego county residents.
- Nightlight Christian Adoptions 714-693-5437 Nightlight’s California office provides domestic, international and embryo adoption home study services for Southern California residents.
- Lilliput Children’s Services 800-325-5359 Lilliput is licensed to do adoption home studies for private domestic adoptions.
Hospitals in San JoseWhen the time comes to finally meet the new baby, a hospital plan will be in place to determine who is in the delivery room when the baby is born, how much time the birth and adoptive parents will spend with the new baby, and more. If you are a prospective birth mother in San Jose, your adoption agency should be able to work with you and your delivery hospital to develop your hospital plan. Here are some area hospitals that you may be working with:
- Good Samaritan Hospital 2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose, CA 95124 408-559-BABY
- O’Connor Hospital 2105 Forest Avenue San Jose, CA 95128 408-947-2500
- Regional Medical Center 225 North Jackson Avenue San Jose, CA 95116 408-259-5000
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center 751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose, CA 95128 408-885-5000