Cedar Rapids Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you are considering adopting a child or placing your baby for adoption in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, there are many local resources available to you. The following provides information about local adoption agencies, home study providers and other adoption and foster care services in Cedar Rapids. Additional resources for expectant mothers and adoptive parents throughout the state can be found on our adoption in Iowa page.
Cedar Rapids Adoption Agencies and Adoption ProfessionalsWhether you are ready to begin the adoption process or still need more adoption information, adoption professionals can often provide the services and support you need. The following adoption agencies are located in Cedar Rapids and are experienced in meeting the needs of adoptive and birth parents in Iowa:
Become a Foster Parent in Cedar RapidsIf you are interesting in adopting an older child or becoming a foster parent in Cedar Rapids, you will need to meet the requirements for foster parents in Iowa and complete the home study process. For information about foster care and foster adoption in Cedar Rapids and throughout the rest of the state, visit our Iowa adoption page. These agencies and organizations can also provide additional information and help you get started as a foster parent in the Cedar Rapids area:
- Iowa Foster & Adoptive Parents Association
- Iowa Department of Human Services
- Iowa Foster Care and Adoption
Completing the Home Study in Cedar RapidsThe home study is a major component of every adoption and foster placement, and home study requirements are determined by state adoption laws. Information about Iowa home study requirements, qualifications and approval is included with our Iowa adoption information. When you are ready to begin the home study process, contact any of these legally qualified home study providers in the Cedar Rapids area:
- William Pearce Adoption Services 515-262-9047 William Pearce Adoption Services offers domestic and international home studies and post-placement services.
- Adoption Associates of Iowa 515-262-9047 Adoption Associates of Iowa provides adoption home studies throughout Iowa.
- Children & Families of Iowa 515-288-1981 Children & Families of Iowa provides domestic and international adoption home study services and is accredited by the Council on Accreditation to provide international home studies.
Hospitals in Cedar RapidsIf you are facing an unplanned pregnancy and making an adoption plan for your baby, you will have the opportunity to make many important choices throughout the adoption process, including complete control over your hospital stay. You will create a hospital plan that outlines all of your preferences for your labor and delivery. The hospital will be aware of your plan ahead of time to ensure a smooth labor and delivery process. When you are ready to make your hospital plan, here are some Cedar Rapids area hospitals that you may be working with:
- Birth Care Center at St. Luke’s 1026 A Ave. NE Cedar Rapids, IA 52402 319-369-7264
- Mercy Medical Center Birth Place 701 10th Street SE Cedar Rapids, IA 52403 319-398-6332