Davenport Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you are from the Davenport area and are considering adoption, either as a prospective adoptive parent or a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy, you likely have questions about Iowa adoption laws and processes. Below, find information about Davenport adoption agencies, home study providers, and other local adoption and foster care resources.
Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals in DavenportAs a prospective birth parent or adoptive family, your adoption professional will play an integral role in throughout the adoption process and ensure you receive the support and services you need along the way. If you live in Davenport, consider the following local and regional adoption professionals:
Foster Care Professionals in DavenportFoster care programs, requirements and processes are determined by the state. In Davenport, foster parents must meet all Iowa foster care requirements and complete a home study. Some agencies have additional training or requirements for the parents they work with. Visit the following local resources for more information about the process to become a foster parent in Davenport:
- Lydia Home Association
- Lutheran Services in Iowa
- Bethany for Children & Families
- Iowa Foster Care and Adoption
Home Study Providers in DavenportWhether you choose private infant adoption or foster care in Davenport, you will need to complete a home study that meets Iowa requirements. Information about the Iowa home study process and requirements is available on our How to Adopt in Iowa page. It is important to work with a legally qualified home study provider. To get started on your adoption or foster care home study, contact one of these area home study professionals:
- William Pearce Adoption Services 515-262-9047 William Pearce Adoption Services offers domestic and international home studies and post-placement services.
- Adoption Associates of Iowa 515-262-9047 Adoption Associates of Iowa provides adoption home studies throughout Iowa.
- Children & Families of Iowa 515-288-1981 Children & Families of Iowa provides domestic and international adoption home study services and is accredited by the Council on Accreditation to provide international home studies.
Hospitals in DavenportAs her due date approaches, it is up to the expectant mother to create a hospital plan for her stay. If you are pregnant and considering adoption for your baby, you will have the opportunity to make many decisions about the labor and delivery process, including who will be in the delivery room with you, who gets to hold the baby first, how much time you spend with the adoptive family, and more. When you are ready to start making your hospital plan, your adoption agency will communicate with your delivery hospital to ensure everything goes according to your wishes. As you consider your hospital plan, learn more about some hospitals in the area:
- Genesis Davenport Birth Center 1227 E. Rusholme Street Davenport, IA 52803 563-421-1000
- Unity Point Trinity Birth Place 4500 Utica Ridge Rd. Bettendorf, IA 52722 563-742-4600