Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in Louisiana » Baton Rouge Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Baton Rouge Adoption & Foster Care Resources
As a prospective birth parent or adoptive family in Baton Rouge, you may have several questions about placing a baby for adoption or adopting a child in Louisiana. There are many adoption professionals in the area who can assist you through the process and answer your questions. Read on to learn more about adoption in Baton Rouge, and find additional resources and information on our How to Adopt in Louisiana page.
Baton Rouge Adoption Agencies and Adoption ProfessionalsOne of the first steps in the adoption process, both for adoptive parents and birth mothers, is to choose an adoption professional to work with. Your adoption professional will provide the services and support you need to successfully complete your adoption. The following adoption agencies are based in the Baton Rouge area and have experience completing local adoptions:
- Elizabeth Foundation
- Beacon House Adoption Services
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Baton Rouge
How to Become a Foster Parent in Baton RougeTo become a foster parent or to adopt from the foster care system in Louisiana, you will need to meet certain state qualifications and complete the Louisiana home study process. Information about these requirements is available on our Louisiana adoption page. In addition, the following Baton Rouge foster care agencies and resources can provide additional information:
Home Study Providers in Baton RougeFor adoptive and foster parents in Baton Rouge, the home study is one of the most important parts of the process. It is important to choose the right professional to complete your home study and ensure it complies with all Louisiana laws and requirements. To get started, contact a home study provider serving Baton Rouge:
- Grace International Adoption Agency 985-246-9287 Grace International writes home studies for domestic and international adoptions and travels to all parts of Louisiana.
- Beacon House Adoption Services 888-987-6300 Beacon House Adoption Services is a licensed 501c3 nonprofit adoption agency that offers domestic adoption home study services.
- Adoption Home Studies, Inc. 985-264-8982 Mary Marrs is a licensed clinical social worker in the state of Louisiana offering adoption home studies and post-placement services.
- Open Arms Adoption Services 318-798-7664 Open Arms Adoption Services offers domestic and international adoption home studies, home study updates and post-placement supervision.
Hospitals in Baton RougeFor birth parents and adoptive families, one of the most emotional parts of the adoption process is the time spent in the hospital when the baby is born. If you are making an adoption plan for your baby as a prospective birth mother, it will be entirely up to you to decide how you would like your hospital stay to go. This is known as your hospital plan, and you can work with your adoption professional and delivery hospital to ensure everything happens as you want it to. When you are ready to begin creating your hospital plan, here are some Baton Rouge hospitals that may be able to assist you:
- Baton Rouge General Hospital 8585 Picardy Avenue Baton Rouge, LA 70809 225-763-4141
- Woman’s Hospital 100 Woman’s Way Baton Rouge, LA 70817 225-927-1300
- Ochsner Family Birthing Center – Baton Rouge 17000 Medical Center Dr. Baton Rouge, LA 70816 225-752-2470