Shreveport Adoption & Foster Care Resources
As a family hoping to grow through adoption or a pregnant woman considering adoption for your baby, you have access to a variety of services and support throughout the adoption process. Here, you will find local resources and adoption information for Shreveport, Louisiana.
Shreveport Adoption Professionals and Adoption AgenciesProspective birth parents and hopeful adoptive families often choose to work with an adoption professional for guidance throughout the process. This professional will provide education, support and the adoption services you need along the way. If you would like to work with an adoption professional in your area, consider the following Shreveport adoption professionals: Adoption in Louisiana page.
How to Become a Foster Parent in ShreveportProspective foster parents in Shreveport must meet the requirements of the state and their chosen agency. In Louisiana, that means meeting certain age and residency requirements, complete a home study and attending training. If you are interested in becoming a foster family, contact a local foster care organization: Louisiana adoption information.
Home Study Providers in ShreveportConsisting of personal interviews, background checks, a home evaluation and more, the Louisiana home study is one of the most important steps in achieving your adoption or foster care goals. Your adoption professional or other home study provider will help you understand the home study process and ensure you are in compliance with all Louisiana laws and requirements. To get started, contact a home study provider in your state:
- Beacon House Adoption Services 888-987-6300 Beacon House Adoption Services is a licensed 501c3 nonprofit adoption agency that offers domestic adoption home study services.
- Adoption Home Studies, Inc. 985-264-8982 Mary Marrs is a licensed clinical social worker in the state of Louisiana offering adoption home studies and post-placement services.
- Open Arms Adoption Services 318-798-7664 Open Arms Adoption Services offers domestic and international adoption home studies, home study updates and post-placement supervision.
Hospitals in ShreveportIf you are an considering adoption as an expectant mother, you will need to consider your hospital plan as your due date approaches. As a prospective birth mother, you can work with your adoption specialist to plan the labor and delivery experience you want to have. When you are ready to begin creating your hospital plan, here are some Shreveport area hospitals that may be able to assist you:
- University Health Shreveport 1501 Kings Hwy – PO Box 33932 Shreveport, LA 71130 318-675-5379
- Willis-Knighton South and the Center for Women’s Health 2510 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop Shreveport, LA 71118 318-212-5000
- Christus Health Shreveport 1 St. Mary Place Shreveport, LA 71101 318-681-4500