Metairie Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Those considering adoption often wonder where to find local adoption agencies, home study providers, and other resources in their area. Whether you are making an adoption plan as hopeful parents or as a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy, the following information includes Metairie adoption agencies, foster care resources and home study professionals to help you get started. For more information about state adoption laws, qualifications and processes, visit our Adoption in Louisiana page.
Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals in MetairieLocal adoption professionals can be a great source of information for adoptive families and prospective birth parents. If you are interested in working with an adoption professional near you, these Metairie area professionals can provide the information and services you need through every step of the adoption process: New Orleans, Louisiana.
Become a Foster Parent in MetairieIf you are considering becoming a foster parent or adding to your family through foster care adoption, these local agencies and resources can provide information about foster care in Metairie: state adoption information page or through the Louisiana Department of Children & Family Services.
Metairie Home Study ServicesEvery adoptive family in Metairie must complete the Louisiana home study before a child can be placed in their care. Whether you are fostering or adopting, the home study ensures you are ready to provide a safe and stable home for a child. Information about the home study process is available on our Louisiana Adoption page. The following home study providers can provide additional information about completing the home study in your state:
- Beacon House Adoption Services 888-987-6300 Beacon House Adoption Services is a licensed 501c3 nonprofit adoption agency that offers domestic adoption home study services.
- Adoption Home Studies, Inc. 985-264-8982 Mary Marrs is a licensed clinical social worker in the state of Louisiana offering adoption home studies and post-placement services.
- Open Arms Adoption Services 318-798-7664 Open Arms Adoption Services offers domestic and international adoption home studies, home study updates and post-placement supervision.
Hospitals in MetairieWhen it is time to finally meet the new baby, a hospital plan will be in place to determine who is in the delivery room, how much time the adoptive and birth parents will spend with the baby at the hospital, and more. As a prospective birth mother, you will have an opportunity that details your desires for your hospital stay. Your adoption professional will work with you and coordinate with the hospital to make them aware of your plan. As you consider your hospital plan, find information about some Metairie maternity hospitals below:
- East Jefferson General Hospital 4200 Houma Blvd. Metairie, LA 70006 504-454-4000
- Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children 4700 South I-10 Service Rd. W Metairie, LA 70001 504-780-8282
- Ochsner Baptist 2700 Napoleon Ave. New Orleans, LA 70115 504-899-9311