Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in North Carolina » Greensboro Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Greensboro Adoption & Foster Care Resources
For hopeful adoptive families and prospective birth mothers alike, the adoption process requires a lot of careful thought, research, and planning. If you are pursuing adoption in the Greensboro area, you may be wondering what resources you have available to you. Whatever stage of your adoption journey you are on, the information provided here can help you with adoption in Greensboro.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in GreensboroPregnant mothers and hopeful families can both find all of the adoption services they need with adoption agencies. From introductory counseling to post-placement and finalization, an adoption agency will accompany you through every step of your adoption. If you are interested in working with an agency in the Greensboro area, contact one of the following professionals:
- American Adoptions
- Carolina Adoption Services
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Children’s Home Society of North Carolina
Foster Care Professionals in GreensboroProspective foster parents must meet specific requirements before they are able to foster. While these requirements are similar to the requirements for adoptive parents, there are some slight differences. In the state of North Carolina, foster parents must:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Complete a background check
- Pass a home study
- Complete required training and become licensed
North Carolina Home Study ProvidersThe home study is an important landmark for adoptive families; once you have completed it, you will be officially ready to adopt a child. Consisting of a series of background checks, a home inspection, and an interview, the home study ensures that your home is safe and suitable for raising a child. If you are ready to begin your home study, then read on to find licensed home study professionals in North Carolina. Near Greensboro:
- Carolina Adoption Services 336-275-9660 Located in Greensboro, this agency is licensed to provide services to families in North and South Carolina.
- Hopscotch Adoptions 1-336-899-0068 While they specialize in international adoptions, Hopscotch Adoptions can also provide home studies to North Carolina families who want to adopt domestically.
- Nathanson Adoption Services 704-553-9506 Nathanson Adoption Services offers home studies across the state of North Carolina, as well as guidance through any post-adoption requirements.
- NC Homestudies 704-258-4029 NCHS is licensed to complete home studies for families across North Carolina. Additionally, they provide counseling services to families hoping to adopt.
- Christian Adoption Services 704-847-0038 Along with providing home studies and other adoption services to prospective families, this agency also has a 24-hour hotline for pregnant women in need of support.
Hospitals in GreensboroIf you are pregnant and considering adoption, you will eventually need to create a hospital plan. This tells your adoption specialist, your healthcare provider, and the adoptive family what kind of hospital experience you want to have when it is time to have the baby. As you consider your hospital plan, you can find information about some Greensboro hospitals below:
- Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital 1200 North Elm Street Greensboro, NC 27401 336-832-7000
- Kindred Hospital Greensboro 2401 Southside Boulevard Greensboro, NC 27406 336-271-2800
- Wesley Long Hospital 501 N. Elam Avenue Greensboro, NC 27403 336-832-1000