Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in North Carolina » Raleigh Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Raleigh Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you are an expecting mother considering adoption or a family hoping to adopt, you may be wondering where and how to start the process. If you are in the Raleigh area and looking for information about adoption, the following resources can assist you at every stage.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in RaleighAdoption agencies provide comprehensive adoption services to hopeful families and prospective birth mothers. From the initial planning stages to finalization, an adoption specialist will guide you through every step of the process. If you are ready to pursue adoption or if you simply have questions, contact one of the following national or local Raleigh agencies:
Foster Care Agencies in RaleighAll foster parents in Raleigh must meet the eligibility requirements issued by the state of North Carolina. Certain foster care agencies may also have additional criteria for families hoping to become foster parents. In North Carolina, if you want to be a foster parent, you must:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Complete a background check
- Complete a home study
- Become licensed by going through required training
North Carolina Home Study ProfessionalsThe home study is the stage of the adoption process that ensures that a family’s home is suitable for raising a child. All prospective families must undergo a background check, a home inspection, and a series of interviews by a social worker before they are approved. If you are ready to begin the home study process, contact one of the following state-licensed providers: Near Raleigh:
- Carolina Adoption Services 336-275-9660 Carolina Adoption Services, a Greensboro-based agency, is licensed to provide services to families in North and South Carolina.
- Christian Adoption Services 704-847-0038 Along with providing home studies and other adoption services to prospective families, this agency also has a 24-hour hotline for pregnant women in need of support.
- NC Homestudies 704-258-4029 Along with their adoption counseling services, NCHS is licensed to complete home studies for families across North Carolina.
- Nathanson Adoption Services 704-553-9506 Nathanson Adoption Services is licensed to provide home studies as well as other pre- and post-adoption services for hopeful families in North Carolina.
Hospitals in RaleighAs the birth mother’s due date approaches, she will want to begin planning her hospital stay. If you are an expecting mother pursuing an adoption plan, you can work with your hospital and your adoption specialist to decide what kind of labor experience you want and who you want there with you. When you are ready to prepare for your hospital trip, contact one of the following hospitals in the Raleigh area:
- Duke Raleigh Hospital Wake Forest Road Raleigh, NC 27609 919-954-3000
- WakeMed Health and Hospitals 3000 New Bern Avenue Raleigh, NC 27610 919-350-8000
- Rex Hospital 4420 Lake Boone Trail Raleigh, NC 27607 919-784–3100