Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in North Carolina » Winston-Salem Foster Care & Adoption Resources
Winston-Salem Foster Care & Adoption Resources
Whether you are a family hoping to grow through adoption or a pregnant woman considering adoption, you will need help along your journey through the process. Here, you will find contact information, educational resources, and adoption information for every stage of adoption in the Winston-Salem area.
Winston-Salem Adoption Agencies and ProfessionalsProspective birth parents and hopeful adoptive families both have the option of working with an adoption agency in their area. When you choose to adopt with an agency, you will have an adoption specialist to guide you through the process and provide education, counseling, and comprehensive adoption services. Below, you can follow the links to adoption professionals in or around Winston-Salem:
Foster Care Professionals in Winston-SalemIn order to be a foster parent, families must meet the requirements of their state and their chosen agency or professional. To become a foster parent in North Carolina, you must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Complete a background check
- Pass a home study
- Become licensed through a training program
Winston-Salem Home Study ProfessionalsBefore you can adopt a child, you must first pass a home study. Consisting of a background check, a home inspection, and a series of interviews, the home study ensures that your home is fit for a child. Below, you can find a list of licensed home study providers near Winston-Salem and in North Carolina. Near Winston-Salem:
- Children’s Home Society of North Carolina 336-896-0022 Along with other pre- and post-adoption services for birth parents and hopeful families, this agency is licensed to help North Carolina families complete their home studies.
- Nathanson Adoption Services 704-553-9506 Nathanson Adoption Services offers home studies across the state of North Carolina, as well as guidance through any post-adoption requirements.
- NC Homestudies 704-258-4029 NCHS is licensed to complete home studies for families across North Carolina. Additionally, they provide counseling services to families hoping to adopt.
- Christian Adoption Services 704-847-0038 Along with providing home studies and other adoption services to prospective families, this agency also has a 24-hour hotline for pregnant women in need of support.
Hospitals Near Winston-SalemIf you are an expecting mother pursuing adoption, you will need to consider your hospital plan as your due date approaches. As the prospective birth mother, you can work with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider to determine the kind of labor and delivery experience you want to have. Here, you can find the contact information for hospitals near Winston-Salem:
- Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital 180 Parkwood Drive Elkin, NC 28621 336-527-7000
- Davis Regional Medical Center 218 Old Mocksville Road Statesville, NC 28625 704-873-0281
- Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center 3333 Silas Creek Parkway Winston-Salem, NC 27103 336-718-5000