Cincinnati Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you are pregnant and thinking about adoption for your baby or a family hoping to grow through adoption, you will need a variety of services and support throughout the adoption process. Here, find local resources and adoption information for the Cincinnati area.
Cincinnati Adoption Professionals and Adoption AgenciesMost prospective birth parents and hopeful adoptive families choose to work closely with an adoption professional throughout the process. This professional will provide education, support and the adoption services you need to complete your adoption. Here are some Cincinnati adoption professionals near you:
How to Become a Foster Parent in CincinnatiTo be a foster parent in Cincinnati, couples and individuals must meet the requirements of the state and their chosen agency. For prospective foster parents in Ohio, that means meeting certain age requirements, completing an Ohio home study and attending training. If you are interested in becoming a foster family, contact a local foster care organization:
- HCKids Foster Care & Adoption
- Lighthouse Youth Services
- Beech Acres Parenting Center
- Benchmark Family Services
Home Study Providers in CincinnatiConsisting of personal interviews, background checks, a safety inspection and more, the Ohio home study is one of the most important parts of every adoption and foster care process. It is important to choose the right professional to complete your adoption home study and ensure it complies with all state laws and requirements. To get started, contact a home study provider in your area: Near Cincinnati:
- Adoption Circle 800-927-7222 Adoption Circle is a state licensed, full-service, nonprofit adoption agency that provides home study and other services to adoptive families and birth parents in Ohio.
- Adoption STAR 513-631-3900 Adoption STAR will conduct home studies for prospective clients in Ohio as well as New York and Florida.
- Adoption by Gentle Care 800-824-9633 Adoption by Gentle Care is a state licensed, nonprofit, full service adoption agency whose accredited adoption assessors offer domestic adoption home studies throughout Ohio.
- Building Blocks Adoption Service, Inc. 866-321-2367 Building Blocks Adoptions is an Ohio-licensed Christian adoption agency that offers services through its domestic, embryo and international adoption programs.
Hospitals in CincinnatiIf you are pursuing adoption as an expectant mother, you will need to consider your hospital plan as your due date approaches. You can work with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider to determine the type of labor and delivery experience you want to have. When you are ready to begin creating your hospital plan, here are some Cincinnati hospitals that may be able to assist you:
- Good Samaritan Hospital 375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati, OH 45220 513-862-1400
- Bethesda North Hospital 10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati, OH 45242 513-865-1111
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center 234 Goodman Street Cincinnati, OH 45219 513-584-5239
- The Christ Hospital Birthing Center 2139 Auburn Ave. Cincinnati, OH 45219 513-585-4847
- Anderson Hospital 7500 State Road Cincinnati, OH 45255 513-624-4300
- Fairfield Hospital 3000 Mack Road Cincinnati, OH 45014 513-870-7370
- West Hospital 3300 Mercy Health Boulevard Cincinnati, OH 45211 513-215-2030