Toledo Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you are contemplating adoption in Toledo, either as a prospective adoptive parent or as a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy, you likely have questions about local adoption resources, laws and processes. Here, find information about Toledo adoption agencies, home study providers and other local adoption and foster care services. Find additional information about adoption and foster care throughout Ohio on our state adoption page.
Adoption Professionals and Adoption Agencies in ToledoWhether you are considering adopting or placing a baby for adoption in Toledo, the professional you choose to work with can provide the guidance, services and support you need through the adoption process. Some adoptive and birth parents are most comfortable working with a local or regional adoption agency. The following Toledo adoption professionals can help you complete your adoption:
Foster Care Professionals in ToledoFoster care programs, requirements and processes vary depending on state laws. In Ohio, the requirements for foster parents include:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Participate in a training and assessment process
- Pass criminal background checks
- Pass child abuse registry checks
- Complete a home safety and fire inspection
- Submit medical statements
Home Study Providers in ToledoWhether you choose domestic infant adoption or foster care, you will need to complete a home study that meets Ohio laws and requirements. The Ohio home study process includes personal interviews, home visits, criminal history checks and more. A complete list of home study requirements and additional information about the process can be found on our Adoption in Ohio page. The person or agency conducting the home study must be legally qualified. When you are ready to begin the home study process, here are some trusted providers in Ohio:
- Adoption by Gentle Care 800-824-9633 Adoption by Gentle Care is a state licensed, nonprofit, full service adoption agency whose accredited adoption assessors offer domestic adoption home studies throughout Ohio.
- Building Blocks Adoption Service, Inc. 866-321-2367 Building Blocks Adoptions is an Ohio-licensed Christian adoption agency that offers services through its domestic, embryo and international adoption programs.
- Adoption Circle 800-927-7222 Adoption Circle is a state licensed, full-service, nonprofit adoption agency that provides home study and other services to adoptive families and birth parents in Ohio.
Hospitals in ToledoAs the baby’s due date draws closer, it is up to the expectant mother to create a hospital plan for her stay. If you are making an adoption plan for your baby, this will be your opportunity to decide who is in the delivery room with you, how much time you will spend with your baby and the adoptive family, and more. When you are ready to begin planning your hospital stay, your adoption agency will work with the delivery hospital to make them aware of your wishes. Here are some local Toledo hospitals that you may be able to work with:
- ProMedica Toledo Hospital 2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo, OH 43606 419-291-4000
- Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center 2213 Cherry Street Toledo, OH 43608 419-251-3232