Norman Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Located just a short distance from Oklahoma City, Norman is a populous city with many adoption professionals who have worked with people just like you. Whether you are hoping to adopt or considering adoption for your unborn baby, you can find adoption agencies, hospitals, and anything else you need in Norman, Oklahoma. The following page will provide you with adoption resources in Norman. For information on laws and processes, you can visit our Oklahoma adoption page.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in NormanProspective birth parents and hopeful adoptive families should work closely with an adoption professional throughout the process. This professional will provide education, counseling and the adoption services you need to complete your adoption. When choosing an adoption agency, some people prefer to work with an adoption professional in their area. The following adoption professionals are based in the Norman area and have experience completing local adoptions:
- Lilyfield Christian Adoption and Foster Care
- Cindy Allen & Associates
- Nichols Law Firm
- Van Meter Law Office, P.C.
Norman Foster Care ResourcesIf you live in Norman, Oklahoma, and are interested in fostering a child, you will need to meet certain state requirements for foster parents and complete the home study process. Information about foster parent eligibility, as well as Oklahoma home study requirements, is included in our state adoption information. The following local agencies and resources can also provide additional information about becoming a foster parent in Norman:
Home Study ProvidersThe home study is a major milestone in every adoption and foster care process, and home study requirements are determined by the state. In Oklahoma, the process includes at least one visit to the home and interviews with all members of the household. For more information about what to expect during the home study, visit our guide to Adoption in Oklahoma. When you are ready to begin the home study process, contact any of these legally qualified home study providers in your area: Near Norman:
- Private Home Studies of Oklahoma, LLC 405-514-8669 You can either call or email Jennifer Coffman, M.S., to get started on your Oklahoma home study.
- Adoption Services of Oklahoma 877-242-9700 Adoption Services of Oklahoma provides comprehensive services for birth mothers and adoptive families across the state.
- America World Adoption 405-742-7191 America World Adoption specializes in domestic and international adoption and will provide home studies for both types of adoption.
- Adoption Choices of Oklahoma 405-794-7500 Adoption Choices of Oklahoma is a licensed adoption agency that will conduct home studies for families anywhere in Oklahoma.
Hospitals near NormanIf you are a pregnant mother considering adoption, you will eventually need to create a hospital plan. Your adoption specialist and healthcare provider can assist you with this part of your adoption plan. When arranging for your hospital stay, you should consider where and how you want to give birth and who you want to be there with you. As you think about your hospital trip, you can find more information about hospitals near you:
- HealthPlex Hospital 3300 HealthPlex Parkway Norman, OK 73072 405-515-1000
- The Children’s Hospital at OU Medical Center 1200 North Children's Avenue Oklahoma City, OK 73104 405-271-4700