Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in Oklahoma » Oklahoma City Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Oklahoma City Adoption & Foster Care Resources
As the capital of Oklahoma and the largest city in the state, Oklahoma City has plenty to offer for everyone, including local adoptive families and pregnant mothers. By reaching out to local professionals, Oklahoma City residents can complete an adoption right in their home city. Here, you will find a collection of Oklahoma City adoption agencies, foster care professionals, home study providers, and anything else you may need to pursue an adoption.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in Oklahoma CityProspective birth parents and hopeful adoptive families should work closely with an adoption professional throughout the process. This professional will provide education, counseling and the adoption services you need to complete your adoption. When choosing an adoption agency, some people prefer to work with an adoption professional in their area. The following adoption professionals are based in the Oklahoma City area and have experience completing local adoptions:
- Deaconess Pregnancy & Adoption Services
- Adoption Choices of Oklahoma
- Lilyfield Christian Adoption and Foster Care
- Catholic Charities OKC
- Shannon D. Taylor, PLLC
- Boren Law Office
- Denker & Butler, PLLC
Oklahoma City Foster Care ResourcesIf you live in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and are interested in fostering a child, you will need to meet certain state requirements for foster parents and complete the home study process. Information about foster parent eligibility, as well as Oklahoma home study requirements, is included in our state adoption information. The following local agencies and resources can also provide additional information about becoming a foster parent in Oklahoma City:
- Oklahoma Department of Human Services
- Oklahoma Baptist Homes for Children
- Heart Gallery of Oklahoma
- Angels Foster Family Network
Home Study ProvidersThe home study is a major milestone in every adoption and foster care process, and home study requirements are determined by the state. In Oklahoma, the process includes at least one visit to the home and interviews with all members of the household. For more information about what to expect during the home study, visit our guide to Adoption in Oklahoma. When you are ready to begin the home study process, contact any of these legally qualified home study providers in your area: Near Oklahoma City:
- Home Study Services 405-210-4094 David Worthington, Ph.D., has over 30 years of experience in working with children and families. Today, he mainly works with Oklahoma families on their home studies.
- Private Home Studies of Oklahoma, LLC 405-514-8669 Jennifer Coffman, MS, is always up-to-date on Oklahoma adoption law and will ensure that your home study is state-compliant.
- America World Adoption 800-429-3369 America World Adoption provides domestic and international home studies and post-placement assessments for hopeful Oklahoma parents.
- Dillon International 918-749-4600 A licensed international adoption agency, Dillon International is qualified in multiple states to complete domestic and international home studies.
Hospitals near Oklahoma CityIf you are a pregnant mother considering adoption, you will eventually need to create a hospital plan. Your adoption specialist and healthcare provider can assist you with this part of your adoption plan. When arranging for your hospital stay, you should consider where and how you want to give birth and who you want to be there with you. As you think about your hospital trip, you can find more information about hospitals near you:
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City 4300 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City, OK 73120 405-755-1515
- The Children’s Hospital at OU Medical Center 1200 North Children's Avenue Oklahoma City, OK 73104 405-271-4700
- INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center 3300 NW Expressway Oklahoma City, OK 73112 405-949-3011
- St. Anthony Hospital 1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City, OK 73102 405-272-7000
- INTEGRIS Deaconess 5501 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City, OK 73112 405-604-6000