Tulsa Adoption & Foster Care Resources
More than simply the Oil Capital of the World, the city of Tulsa, Oklahoma is also an area with plentiful adoption resources. Whether you are an expecting mother from the city or a family adopting from another state, Tulsa has all of the adoption resources you will need. Read on to find information on Tulsa adoption agencies, home study providers, and other professionals, and visit our Oklahoma adoption page to learn more about the process.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in TulsaWhether you are considering adopting or placing a baby for adoption in Tulsa, the professional you choose to work with can provide the guidance, services and support you need through the adoption process. Some adoptive and birth parents are most comfortable working with a local or regional adoption agency. The following Tulsa adoption professionals can help you complete your adoption:
- Heritage Family Services
- Crisis Pregnancy Outreach
- Lilyfield Christian Adoption and Foster Care
- Adoption Affiliates
Tulsa Foster Care ResourcesParents looking to adopt an older child or provide temporary homes for children can pursue foster care in their home town. In order to be a foster parent in Tulsa, you must meet the following Oklahoma requirements:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Be in good health
- Have no history of child abuse, neglect, or sexual abuse
- Have a suitable home and stable income
- Complete a home study and background checks
- Complete 27 hours of orientation
Home Study ProvidersIf you want to adopt a child in Tulsa, you must first find a state-licensed social worker to conduct a home study for you. When you find a home study provider, they will help you through the process of completing a background check, home inspection, and interview to make sure your home is ready for a child. To get your home study started, contact one of the following Oklahoma home study professionals: Near Tulsa:
- Dillon International 918-749-4600 A full-service international adoption agency, Dillon International can provide home study services for Tulsa families pursuing domestic or international adoption.
- Adoption Home Studies of Tulsa 918-260-0841 With the help of social worker Shay Patterson, you can complete your home study with a professional right in the Tulsa area.
- Adoption Choices of Oklahoma 405-794-7500 Adoption Choices of Oklahoma is a licensed agency that provides comprehensive adoption services, from education to matching to home studies.
- Trey Trotter Fleming, LMFT 580-765-8739 A licensed Oklahoma social worker, Ms. Trotter Fleming works closely with Heritage Family services to provide home studies for hopeful adoptive parents.
Hospitals near TulsaIf you are an expectant mother pursuing adoption, you will need to consider your hospital plan as your due date approaches. As a prospective birth mother, you can work with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider to determine the type of labor and delivery experience you want to have. When you are ready to begin creating your hospital plan, here are some Tulsa area hospitals that may be able to assist you:
- Saint Francis Hospital 6161 South Yale Avenue Tulsa, OK 74136 918-494-2200
- Hillcrest Hospital South 8801 South 101st E Avenue Tulsa, Oklahoma 74133 918-294-4000
- St. John Medical Center 1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa, OK 74104 918-744-2424
- OSU Medical Center 744 West 9th Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74127 918-599-1000