Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in Pennsylvania » Allentown Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Allentown Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you live in Allentown and are considering adopting a child or placing a baby for adoption, your first question may be where to start. Fortunately, you can begin your adoption journey right in your hometown. The following page will give you information on Allentown adoption agencies, home study providers, hospitals, and more.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in AllentownThere are a number of different kinds of adoption professionals you can work with during your adoption. Adoption agencies tend to be the most advantageous for many people because, unlike adoption facilitators or attorneys, they provide all of the services you will need. Some of the adoption professionals you can contact in Allentown are listed below:
Become a Foster Parent in AllentownIf you would like to become a foster parent or adopt through foster care in Allentown, you must meet Pennsylvania’s requirements, which include:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Complete a home study
- Have a background check and a physical
- Provide references
- Complete required training
- Lehigh Valley Families Together
- Salvation Army – Eastern Pennsylvania & Delaware
- Pennsylvania Statewide Adoption & Permanency Network
Home Study ProvidersFor adoptive families, the home study is one of the most anticipated aspects of the adoption process. In order to complete the home study, you must find a social worker licensed in your state to conduct a background check, a home inspection, and interviews of your family. Once all of this is complete, you will be officially ready to adopt a child. To get started on your home study, contact one of the following Pennsylvania-licensed home study professionals: Near Allentown:
- Pinebrook Family Answers 610-432-3919 For more than twenty years, Pinebrook Family Answers has helped families complete domestic, international, and special-needs adoptions.
- Caring Adoption Associates 484-494-0235 This home study provider is run by a social worker and adoptive parent with extensive professional and personal experience in the world of adoption.
- Haven Adoptions 1-800-716-8220 A licensed home study and adoption service provider, Haven Adoptions can conduct home studies as well as provide education and other pre- and post-placement services.
- Families United Network, Inc. 570-546-6777 This Pennsylvania foster care and adoption agency is equipped to provide home studies for families residing in the state.
- La Vida International 610-688-8008 A non-profit, Hague-accredited agency licensed in Pennsylvania, La Vida completes home studies for domestic adoptions and for international adoptions in various countries.
Hospitals near AllentownAt some point during a pregnancy, all women considering adoption must begin considering their hospital plan, as well. If you are preparing for your hospital stay, you will want to consider where you would like to have your baby, who you want to be there with you, how much time you would like with your baby before placement, and more. Your adoption specialist will be able to help you prepare for the big day, and you can also contact one of your nearby hospitals for more information:
- Lehigh Valley Hospital 1200 South Cedar Crest Blvd. Allentown, PA 18103 610-402-8000
- Sacred Heart Healthcare System 421 Chew Street Allentown, PA 18102 610-776-4500