Reading Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you are in the Reading, Pennsylvania area and looking to start your adoption journey, you may not know what resources are available to you. Fortunately, you have access to many local professionals that can help you get started. Here, you will find a collection of information on Reading adoption agencies, home study providers, county court information, and more.
Reading Adoption Agencies and ProfessionalsThere are multiple kinds of adoption professionals you can consult if you are considering adoption, including facilitators, law firms, and law centers. Adoption agencies, whether they are national or local, are beneficial to expecting mothers and adoptive families because they provide all of the services you need in one place. If you would like to find an adoption agency or other professional in Reading, follow some of the links below:
- A Baby Step Adoption
- Transitions Adoption
- Open Door International
- Joseph A. Guillama
- Palange, Endres & Marks P.C.
Foster Care ProfessionalsLike adoptive parents, foster parents must meet the requirements of their state before they can care for a child. If you want to become a foster parent in Pennsylvania, you must fit the following criteria:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Complete a physical and a background check
- Provide references
- Pass a home study
- Complete foster care training requirements
- The Children’s Home of Reading
- Safeguards Foster Care
- Pennsylvania Statewide Adoption & Permanency Network
Home Study ProvidersThe home study signifies that you are officially ready to adopt a child. During this assessment, a social worker will conduct a background check, visit your home, and interview the members of your household to make sure your home is safe for a baby. The home study can take up to a few months, so it is recommended that you begin as soon as possible. See the sections below for information on Pennsylvania-licensed home study providers: Near Reading:
- All About Love Adoptions 610-429-1001 All About Love Adoptions is committed to working with you to educate you through the home study process, and they will potentially expedite your home study if you need it.
- A Baby Step Adoption 888-505-2367 As part of its comprehensive adoption services in Reading, A Baby Step Adoption completes home studies for Pennsylvania families.
- Adoption Related Services, Inc. 717-227-9560 Adoption Related Services, Inc., provides domestic and international home studies for families all across Pennsylvania.
- Haven Adoptions, Inc. 800-716-8220 Haven Adoptions, Inc., is a fully licensed Pennsylvania agency that is dedicated to guiding you through your entire home study.
- Families United Network, Inc. 717-492-9338 As a full-service, nonprofit adoption agency licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Families United Network, Inc. meets the Hague Convention standards for international adoption.
Hospitals near ReadingAs an expectant mother making an adoption plan, you will have the opportunity to plan your hospital stay when the baby arrives. Your hospital plan will determine who you see in the delivery room, how much time you will spend with the adoptive family, and more. When you are ready to start making your hospital plan, your adoption agency will communicate with your delivery hospital to ensure everything toes according to your wishes. As you consider your hospital plan, learn more about some hospitals in the Reading area:
- Reading Health System Sixth Avenue and Spruce Street West Reading, PA 19611 484-628-4357
- Briedegam Family Birthing Center 2500 Bernville Road (RT. 183) Reading, PA 19605 610-378-2042