Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in South Carolina » North Charleston Adoption & Foster Care Resources
North Charleston Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you are in the North Charleston, South Carolina, area and looking to start your adoption journey, you may be unsure of where and how to start. The following resources will help guide you through each stage of adopting or placing a child for adoption in North Charleston. Read on to find information about local adoption agencies, foster care professionals, home study providers, and more.
Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals in North CharlestonAs a prospective birth parent or adoptive family, your adoption professional will play an integral role in shaping your experience. Your adoption agency or attorney can help guide you through the process and ensure you receive the support and services you need along the way. The following professionals can help you complete your adoption in North Charleston:
North Charleston Foster Care ProfessionalsHopeful foster parents must meet the eligibility requirements of the state of South Carolina, as well as the foster care professional they work with. If you are interested in becoming a foster parent or learning more about foster care in North Charleston, contact one of the following agencies or another local professional:
- Neighbor to Family, Inc.
- Specialized Alternatives for Families and Youth
- South Carolina Department of Social Services
Home Study Providers in North CharlestonWhether you choose private infant adoption or foster care in North Charleston, you will need to complete a home study that meets South Carolina requirements. Information about the South Carolina home study process and requirements is available on our adoption in South Carolina page. After a background check, a collection of documents, home inspections and interviews with your family, your home study provider will determine if your home is safe and ready for a child. To get started on your adoption or foster care home study in North Charleston, contact one of these area home study professionals:
- Adoption Matters, Inc. (SC) 843-480-2111 Adoption Matters, Inc. is a nonprofit child placing agency licensed in North Carolina and South Carolina. The agency offers home studies and post-placement supervision in addition to options counseling, stepparent adoptions and supportive counseling for all members of the adoption triad.
- Carolina Adoption Services 800-632-9312 Carolina Adoption Services (CAS) is licensed to provide adoption home study services in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia.
Hospitals in North CharlestonProspective birth mothers should work with their adoption specialist and healthcare provider to plan for the hospital trip when it is time to have the baby. If you are an expecting mother considering adoption, you and your specialist will discuss what kind of labor and delivery experience you want, how much time you would like with your baby, and who you want to be there with you. When you are ready to start making your hospital plan, your adoption agency will communicate with your delivery hospital to ensure everything goes according to your wishes. As you consider your hospital plan, learn more about some hospitals in North Charleston:
- MUSC Women’s Care in North Charleston 3210 Landmark Drive North Charleston, SC 29418 843-876-0880
- MUSC North Charleston 8992 University Boulevard North Charleston, SC 29406 843-876-0880
- Trident Medical Center 9330 Medical Plz Dr. Charleston, SC 29406 843-797-7000
- Summerville Medical Center 295 Midland Pkwy Summerville, SC 29485 843-832-5000