Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in South Carolina » Rock Hill Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Rock Hill Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you are thinking about starting the adoption process in Rock Hill, South Carolina, either as a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy or as a hopeful parent looking to adopt a child, you are likely wondering about adoption laws, professionals and resources near you. Below, find the information you need about local adoption agencies, home study providers and other Rock Hill adoption and foster care resources.
Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals in Rock HillYour adoption professional can provide a variety of adoption services, including counseling, education, assistance with finding a match, and guidance through each step of the process. These professionals have offices in Rock Hill and can provide detailed information about adoption in your area:
- The Law Offices of James Fletcher Thompson, LLC
- Christian Family Services
- Christian Adoption Services
- Saint Mary International Adoptions
- Dempsey Law
- Dove Murphy Law Group
Foster Care Professionals in Rock HillIf you are interested in adopting through the foster care system or providing temporary care as a foster parent, you must meet certain state requirements and become licensed through a local foster care agency. In South Carolina, prospective foster parents must meet certain age requirements and undergo a background check and home study process. To learn more about the requirements and steps to become a foster parent in Rock Hill, contact a foster care professional in your area: Adoption in South Carolina page.
Home Study Providers in Rock HillBefore an adoption or foster care placement can be made in South Carolina, the prospective parents must complete an approved home study. The home study is an important step in every adoption and foster care process that assesses parents’ ability to provide a stable, nurturing home to a child. When you are ready to begin the adoption home study, contact a South Carolina home study provider near you:
- Adoption Matters, Inc. (SC) 843-480-2111 Adoption Matters, Inc. is a nonprofit child placing agency licensed in North Carolina and South Carolina. The agency offers home studies and post-placement supervision in addition to options counseling, stepparent adoptions and supportive counseling for all members of the adoption triad.
- Carolina Adoption Services 800-632-9312 Carolina Adoption Services (CAS) is licensed to provide adoption home study services in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia.
Hospitals in Rock HillAs an expectant mother pursuing adoption, you will have the opportunity to plan your hospital stay when the baby arrives. When making your hospital plan, consider where you would like to give birth, who you want to see in the delivery room, how much time you want to spend with the adoptive family, and more. As you consider your hospital plan, find information about Rock Hill hospitals below:
- Piedmont Medical Center 222 S. Herlong Ave. Rock Hill, SC 29732 803-329-1234
- Rock Hill GYN&OB 1721 Ebenezer Road, Suite 145 Rock Hill, SC 29732 803-328-2401