Provo Adoption and Foster Care Resources
Whether you are considering adoption as an expectant mother or prospective adoptive parent in Provo, you likely have questions about local adoption laws and processes. The following information provides an overview of local adoption and foster care agencies, home study professionals and other adoption and foster care services available in your area. Read on to learn more about starting the adoption process in Provo.
Provo Adoption Agencies and Adoption ProfessionalsYour adoption professional will provide pre- and post-adoption services and help guide you through the adoption process. There are many adoption professionals to choose from, including national and local adoption agencies as well as adoption attorneys. If you are interested in working with an adoption professional in Provo, the following local professionals can help you get started:
Provo Foster Care ResourcesProspective foster parents must complete a home study and meet all state licensing requirements to ensure they are fully prepared to foster a child. If you would like more information or if you are ready to begin the foster care or foster to adopt process in Provo, contact one of the following local agencies: adoption in Utah page.
Home Study Providers in ProvoThe home study is one of the most important parts of the foster care and adoption process in Provo. In Utah, the home study evaluates prospective parents and ensures they are ready to adopt based on criminal records checks, personal interviews, and more. For a detailed overview of what to expect during the home study process, visit our How to Adopt in Utah page. Your home study must be conducted by a legally qualified professional in Utah. To begin the home study process, contact a provider in your area:
- Children's Service Society 801-335-7444 Children's Service Society helps families throughout Utah with their home study and post-placement needs.
- Utah Adoption Specialists 801-900-5770 Call Utah Adoption Specialists at anytime for questions or concerns about your home study and post-placement requirements.
Hospitals in ProvoIf you are pursuing adoption as an expectant mother, you will need to consider your hospital plan as your due date approaches. You can work with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider to determine the type of labor and delivery experience you want to have. Here are some Provo hospitals you may work with as you create your plan:
- Utah Valley Hospital 1034 N 500 W Provo, UT 84604 801-357-7850
- Orem Community Hospital 331 N 400 W Orem, UT 84057 801-224-4080
- Timpanogos Regional Hospital 750 W 800 North Orem, UT 84057 801-714-6000
- Mountain Point Medical Center 3000 N Triumph Blvd. Lehi, UT 84043 1-385-345-3000