Salt Lake City Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you are interested in adopting a child or are considering placing your baby for adoption in Salt Lake City, you may have a number of questions about how to start the adoption process. The following provides information about local adoption agencies, home study providers and other adoption and foster care services in Salt Lake City. Additional resources for expectant mothers and adoptive parents throughout the state can be found on our adoption in Utah page.
Salt Lake City Adoption Agencies and ProfessionalsWhether you are ready to begin the adoption process or are simply looking for more adoption information, local adoption professionals can be great resources for the services and support you need. The following adoption agencies and attorneys are located in Salt Lake City and can help you with every step of the Utah adoption process:
Become a Foster Parent in Salt Lake CityParents looking to adopt an older child or provide temporary care may want to look into foster care options in Salt Lake City. To be a foster parent in Salt Lake City, you will need to meet all state requirements for foster parents and complete the home study process. For information about foster care and foster-adoption in Salt Lake City and throughout the rest of the state, visit our Utah adoption page. You may also learn more about the process by contacting a local foster care professional:
Completing the Home Study in Salt Lake CityThe home study is the process in which a social worker reviews your home and family to ensure you are ready to adopt or foster a child. This process consists of background checks, a home inspection, interviews and documentation. Information about home study laws and requirements in Utah is included with our Utah adoption information. When you are ready to begin the home study process, contact one of the following Utah-licensed professionals:
- Children's Service Society 801-335-7444 Children's Service Society provides home study and post-placement resources for families hoping to adopt in Utah.
- Utah Adoption Specialists 801-900-5770 For any questions or concerns about your home study and post-placement requirements, call Utah Adoption Specialists.
Hospitals in Salt Lake CityIf you are facing an unplanned pregnancy, a crucial part of your adoption plan will be preparation for your hospital stay. If you are pursuing adoption for your child, you can work with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider to plan the kind of delivery experience you want. When you are ready to make your hospital plan, here are some nearby hospitals in Salt Lake City that you may be working with:
- University Hospital 50 N Medical Drive Salt Lake City, UT 84132 801-213-4133
- Intermountain LDS Hospital 8th Ave C St Salt Lake City, UT 84134 801-408-1100
- Salt Lake Regional Medical Center 1050 East South Temple Salt Lake City, UT 84102 801-350-4078
- St. Mark’s Women’s Services 1140 E 3900 S Salt Lake City, UT 84124 801-743-6500