Chesapeake Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Couples and individuals considering adoption often wonder what local resources, services and professionals are available to them. Whether you are facing an unplanned pregnancy or are interested in growing your family through adoption, this guide provides the information you need about Chesapeake adoption agencies, home study providers and more.
Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals in ChesapeakeAdoption agencies can be great resources for local adoption information. For birth parents and adoptive families who would prefer to work with a local or regional agency, these professionals can provide detailed information about adoption in Chesapeake:
Become a Foster Parent in ChesapeakeIf you are considering becoming a foster parent or adding to your family through foster care adoption, these local agencies and resources can provide information about foster care in the Chesapeake area: state adoption information page or through your local department of social services.
Chesapeake Home Study ServicesRegardless of the adoption or foster care professional you choose to work with, you will need to complete a Virginia home study before a child can be placed in your care. This process ensures that you are ready to provide a safe and stable home for a child and provides prospective parents with additional information about the foster care or adoption process. Information about the home study process is available on our Adoption in Virginia page. The following home study providers can provide additional information about completing the home study in your area: Near Chesapeake:
- Adoptions from the Heart 1-888-630-8842 Adoptions from the Heart provides home study services to families seeking private domestic adoption and international adoption.
- Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia 757-456-2366 Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia provides adoption services to birth parents and adoptive families, including home study services.
- Loving Families 703-370-7140 Adoption Home Studies by Loving Families, Inc., is a small child-placing agency that will work with your placing agency to complete your home study within five to six weeks.
- Cradle of Hope Adoption Center 703-352-4806 Cradle of Hope Adoption Center is a licensed, nonprofit, Hague-accredited adoption agency providing home study, placement and post-placement adoption services to families adopting domestically and internationally.
Hospitals in ChesapeakeWhen the time comes to finally meet the new baby, a hospital plan will be in place to determine who is in the delivery room when the baby is born, how much time the birth and adoptive parents will spend with the new baby, and more. If you are a prospective birth mother, you will create a hospital plan that details your desires for your hospital stay. Your adoption professional can coordinate with the delivery hospital to make them aware of your hospital plan. Find more information about some Chesapeake-area maternity hospitals below:
- Chesapeake Regional Medical Center 736 N. Battlefield Blvd. Chesapeake, VA 23320 757-312-8121
- Maryview Family Birth Center 2626 High Street Portsmouth, VA 23707 757-889-BABY