Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in Virginia » Newport News Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Newport News Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you are a family hoping to grow through adoption or a pregnant woman considering adoption for your baby, you will need a variety of services and support throughout the adoption process. Here, you will find local resources and adoption information for the Newport News area. Visit our How to Adopt in Virginia page for additional resources and information about adoption in Old Dominion.
Newport News Adoption Professionals and Adoption AgenciesProspective birth parents and hopeful adoptive families should work closely with an adoption professional throughout the process. This professional will provide education, counseling and the adoption services you need to complete your adoption. When choosing an adoption agency, some people prefer to work with an adoption professional in their area. The following adoption professionals are based in the Newport News area and have experience completing local adoptions:
How to Become a Foster Parent in Newport NewsTo be a foster parent in Newport News, couples and individuals must meet the requirements of the state and their chosen agency. For prospective foster parents in Virginia, that means attending an orientation meeting and completing the home study and required training. If you are interested in becoming a foster family, contact a local foster care organization: Virginia adoption page or through your local department of social services.
Home Study Providers in Newport NewsFor prospective parents, the home study is one of the most important parts of every adoption and foster care process. Consisting of interviews, background checks, home visits and a written report, the Virginia home study helps ensure that your home is fit for a child. It is important to choose the right professional to complete your adoption home study and ensure it complies with all state laws and requirements. To get started, contact a home study provider in your area: Near Newport News:
- Adoptions from the Heart 1-888-630-8842 Adoptions from the Heart provides home study services to families seeking private domestic adoption and international adoption.
- Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia 757-456-2366 Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia provides adoption services to birth parents and adoptive families, including home study services.
- Loving Families 703-370-7140 Adoption Home Studies by Loving Families, Inc., is a small child-placing agency that will work with your placing agency to complete your home study within five to six weeks.
- Cradle of Hope Adoption Center 703-352-4806 Cradle of Hope Adoption Center is a licensed, nonprofit, Hague-accredited adoption agency providing home study, placement and post-placement adoption services to families adopting domestically and internationally.
Hospitals in Newport NewsIf you are an expectant mother pursuing adoption, you will need to consider your hospital plan as your due date approaches. As a prospective birth mother, you can work with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider to determine the type of labor and delivery experience you want to have. When you are ready to begin creating your hospital plan, here are some Newport News area hospitals that may be able to assist you:
- Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital 2 Bernardine Dr. Newport News, VA 23602 757-889-BABY
- Riverside Regional Medical Center 500 J. Clyde Morris Blvd. Newport News, VA 23601 757-594-2000