Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in Virginia » Virginia Beach Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Virginia Beach Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you live in the Virginia Beach area and are considering adoption, either as a prospective adoptive parent or as a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy, you are likely wondering about Virginia adoption laws, resources and processes. Here, find the information you need about Virginia Beach adoption agencies, home study providers and other local adoption and foster care services.
Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals in Virginia BeachThe adoption professional you choose to work with will provide pre- and post-adoption services and help guide you through the adoption process. If you are interested in working with an adoption professional near Virginia Beach, the following local professionals can help you get started:
- Adoptions from the Heart
- Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia
- Graceful Adoptions
- Jewish Family Service of Tidewater
Foster Care Professionals in Virginia BeachBecoming a foster parent can be a rewarding way to help children in need of temporary care. In Virginia, prospective foster parents must complete certain licensing requirements, including an orientation meeting, home study and training. To learn more about the requirements and process to become a foster parent in Virginia Beach, contact a local foster care professional: Virginia adoption information page or contact your department of social services.
Home Study Providers in Virginia BeachWhether you are interested in adopting an infant through a private domestic adoption agency or becoming a foster parent in Virginia Beach, you will need to complete a home study that meets Virginia state requirements. The home study ensures that your home is safe and suitable for raising a child. When you are ready to begin the home study process, contact a Virginia home study provider near you: Near Virginia Beach:
- Adoptions from the Heart 1-888-630-8842 Adoptions from the Heart provides home study services to families seeking private domestic adoption and international adoption.
- Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia 757-456-2366 Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia provides adoption services to birth parents and adoptive families, including home study services.
- Loving Families 703-370-7140 Adoption Home Studies by Loving Families, Inc., is a small child-placing agency that will work with your placing agency to complete your home study within five to six weeks.
- Cradle of Hope Adoption Center 703-352-4806 Cradle of Hope Adoption Center is a licensed, nonprofit, Hague-accredited adoption agency providing home study, placement and post-placement adoption services to families adopting domestically and internationally.
Hospitals in Virginia BeachPart of the adoption process for expectant mothers is to create a hospital plan. This plan explains your wishes for your hospital stay when it is time to have the baby. You will have the opportunity to decide who you’d like to see in the delivery room, how much time you will spend with the adoptive family, and more. As you consider your hospital plan, you can find some information about Virginia Beach hospitals below:
- Sentara Princess Anne Hospital 2025 Glenn Mitchell Drive Virginia Beach, VA 23456 757-507-1000
- Sentara Leigh Hospital 830 Kempsville Road Norfolk, VA 23502 757-261-6700
- The DePaul Center for Birth 150 Kinglsey Lane Norfolk, VA 23505 757-889-BABY
- The Midwifery Center at DePaul 100 Kinglsey Lane, Suite 400 Norfolk, VA 23505 757-451-0929
- Mary Immaculate Birthplace 2 Bernardine Dr. Newport News, VA 23602 757-889-BABY
- Maryview Family Birth Center 2626 High Street Portsmouth, VA 23707 757-889-BABY