Chandler Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you live in the Chandler, Arizona, area and are considering adoption, either as a prospective adoptive parent or as a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy, you likely have questions about local adoption resources, as well as state laws and processes. Here, find information about Chandler adoption agencies, are home study providers, and more.
Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals in ChandlerAs a prospective birth parent or adoptive family, the professional you work with will play an important role throughout the adoption process, providing adoption services and support to ensure a successful adoption. If you prefer to work with a local or regional adoption professional, consider these nearby adoption agencies:
Foster Care Professionals in ChandlerFoster care is a state program, and the requirements and process to become a foster parent are regulated by Arizona laws. In Chandler, prospective foster parents must be at least 21 years old and legal residents of Arizona. You can learn more about foster care and foster-to-adopt placements through our state adoption page, the Arizona Department of Child Safety or by following the links below:
- Arizona Friends of Foster Children Foundation
- A Place to Call Home
- Child Crisis Arizona
- Arizona Department of Child Safety
Home Study Providers in ChandlerWhether you choose to pursue a private infant adoption or foster care in Chandler, you will be required to complete the Arizona home study process. Every home study completed in Arizona must be completed by a legally qualified home study provider. To get started on your adoption or foster care home study, contact one of these nearby professionals:
- Southwest Adoption Services 480-380-6248 Southwest Adoption Services is a licensed Arizona adoption agency that provides domestic and international adoption home studies for certification, post-placement/post-adoption reports to Arizona adoptive families.
- Adoption Choices of Arizona 888-422-9912
- Building Arizona Families 623-936-4729 Building Arizona Families is a licensed private nonprofit adoption agency that provides home study services.
- Agape Adoption Agency of Arizona 480-272-7994 Agape provides the home study services necessary for foster care licensure and adoption certification in Arizona.
- International Child Foundation, Inc. 520-531-9931 International Child Foundation is a Hague accredited, Arizona licensed nonprofit adoption agency that provides domestic, international and stepparent adoption home studies and post-placement services.
Hospitals in ChandlerAs her due date approaches, it is up to the expectant mother to create a hospital plan for her stay. If you are pregnant and considering adoption for your baby, you will have the opportunity to make many decisions about your labor and delivery process. When you are ready to start making your hospital plan, your adoption agency will communicate with your delivery hospital to ensure everything goes according to your wishes. As you consider your hospital plan, learn more about some hospitals in the Chandler area:
- Chandler Regional Medical Center 1955 W. Frye Road Chandler, AZ 85224 480-728-5414
- Mercy Gilbert Medical Center 3555 South Val Vista Drive Gilbert, AZ 85297 480-728-8000
- Banner Gateway Medical Center 1900 N. Higley Road Gilbert, AZ 85234 480-543-2000