Glendale Adoption & Foster Care Resources
For adoptive families and expectant mothers alike, adoption can be a long process that requires a great deal of preparation and professional guidance. If you are in the Glendale area and are wondering how to begin the adoption process, find the information and professionals you need below.
Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals in GlendaleOne of the first steps in adoption is choosing a professional to help you through each step of the process. Some couples and individuals prefer to work with local adoption agencies and attorneys. Below, you can find a list of Glendale adoption agencies and other adoption professionals:
Foster Care Professionals in GlendaleIf you are looking to adopt an older child or provide temporary care to children in need, you may consider foster care. To become a foster parent in the state of Arizona, you must be at least 21 years old and a resident of the state. More information about foster care in Glendale is available on our Adoption in Arizona page and by following the links below:
- West Valley Child Crisis Center
- Christian Family Care
- Arizona’s Children Association
- Family Resource Center
Home Study Providers in GlendaleDuring a home study, a legally qualified professional will conduct background checks, a home inspection, and a series of interviews to ensure that you and your home are ready to welcome a new child. This is one of the most important steps of the adoption and foster care process, as it signifies that you are officially ready to adopt. When you are ready to begin the Arizona home study, contact a home study provider near you:
- Southwest Adoption Services 480-380-6248 Southwest Adoption Services is a licensed Arizona adoption agency that provides domestic and international adoption home studies for certification, post-placement/post-adoption reports to Arizona adoptive families.
- Adoption Choices of Arizona 888-422-9912
- Building Arizona Families 623-936-4729 Building Arizona Families is a licensed private nonprofit adoption agency that provides home study services.
- Agape Adoption Agency of Arizona 480-272-7994 Agape provides the home study services necessary for foster care licensure and adoption certification in Arizona.
Hospitals in GlendaleAs an expectant mother making an adoption plan, you will have the opportunity to plan your hospital stay when the baby arrives. Your hospital plan will determine who you see in the delivery room, how much time you will spend with the adoptive family, and more. When you are ready to start making your hospital plan, your adoption agency will communicate with your delivery hospital to ensure everything toes according to your wishes. As you consider your hospital plan, learn more about some hospitals in the Glendale area:
- Banner Thunderbird Medical Center 5555 W. Thunderbird Rd. Glendale, AZ 85306 602-865-5555
- Abrazo Arrowhead Campus 18701 N. 67th Glendale, AZ 85308 623-561-1000