Tucson Adoption & Foster Care Resources
There are many local resources available to couples and individuals considering adopting or placing a child for adoption in Tucson, Arizona. Whether you are facing an unplanned pregnancy or are interested in adding to your family through adoption, find the information you need about Tucson adoption agencies, home study providers, foster care resources and more. To learn more about adoption throughout the state, visit our Adoption in Arizona page.
Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals in TucsonThrough every step of the adoption process, adoption agencies and other adoption professionals can be great resources for birth parents and adoptive families alike. For information about adoption in Tucson and other parts of Arizona, contact one of these Arizona adoption professionals:
- Heather Strickland - Tucson Domestic Adoption Attorney
- Adoption Choices of Arizona
- Mother Goose Adoptions
- Building Arizona Families
Become a Foster Parent in TucsonTo be eligible to become a foster parent in Arizona, you must be at least 21 years old and a legal resident of the state. If you are considering becoming a foster parent or adding to your family through foster care adoption, there are many local resources available to you. Visit the following to learn more about foster care in the Tucson area:
- Heather Strickland - Tucson Foster Care Adoption Attorney
- Foster & Adoptive Council of Tucson
- Arizona Department of Child Safety
- Arizona’s Children Association
- Arizona Baptist Children’s Services
Tucson Home Study ServicesWhether you are pursuing domestic infant, international or foster care adoption, all adoptive parents in Arizona are required to complete an adoption home study. Information about what to expect throughout the home study process is available on our state information page. In addition, the following professionals can help you complete the home study in your area: Near Tucson:
- International Child Foundation, Inc. 520-531-9931 International Child Foundation is a Hague accredited, Arizona licensed nonprofit adoption agency that provides domestic, international and stepparent adoption home studies and post-placement services.
- Southwest Adoption Services 480-380-6248 Southwest Adoption Services is a licensed Arizona adoption agency that provides domestic and international adoption home studies for certification, post-placement/post-adoption reports to Arizona adoptive families.
- Adoption Choices of Arizona 888-422-9912
- Building Arizona Families 623-936-4729 Building Arizona Families is a licensed private nonprofit adoption agency that provides home study services.
- Agape Adoption Agency of Arizona 480-272-7994 Agape provides the home study services necessary for foster care licensure and adoption certification in Arizona.
Hospitals in TucsonWhen it is time to begin making hospital arrangements for the arrival of the new baby, the birth mother will create a hospital plan to determine who is in the delivery room with her when the baby is born, how much time she will spend with the new baby, and more. If you are a prospective birth mother, your adoption professional can work with you to communicate with the hospital and create a hospital plan. Here are a few of the local hospitals you may be working with:
- St. Joseph’s Hospital 350 N. Wilmot Road Tucson, AZ 85711 520-873-3000
- Tucson Medical Center 5301 E. Grant Road Tucson, AZ 85712 520-327-5461
- Northwest Medical Center 6200 N. LaCholla Blvd. Tucson, AZ 85741 520-742-9000
- MHC Healthcare 2055 W. Hospital Drive Tucson, AZ 85704 520-797-0011