Jacksonville Adoption & Foster Care Resources
As a hopeful adoptive parent, an expecting mother, or just someone looking to learn about adoption, you may be wondering what resources are available. If you are looking to learn more about adoption in Jacksonville, Florida, the following page will help to guide you through the process.
Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals in JacksonvilleOne of the first steps in the adoption process is choosing a professional to help you through the process. Adoption agencies are licensed and staffed specifically to guide you through every stage of adoption. Below are some adoption agencies and other professionals in the Jacksonville area:
Jacksonville Foster Care ProfessionalsIf you are interested in becoming a foster parent in Florida, then you must comply with the state’s eligibility requirements. According to Florida law, a foster parent must:
- Complete a home study and/or licensing study
- Undergo a background check
- Complete the mandatory training process
Home Study ProfessionalsAll adoptive families must complete a home study before they can adopt a child. The home study involves a background check and home inspection, and your provider will guide you through the steps to ensure that your home is safe for a child. Read on to find home study providers near you. Near Jacksonville:
- Northeast Florida Adoption Support 904-412-3484 Run by Dr. Shawna Kemp, Northeast Florida Adoption Support will provide you with the resources and guidance you need for your home study.
- Jewish Family and Community Services 904-448-1933 JFCS has Florida-licensed workers to conduct home studies for hopeful families.
- Sunshine State Adoption and Florida Home Study Services 407-422-9136 This home study provider has information on its website for families adopting either domestically or internationally.
- Forever Families Adoption Services 407-977-8639 With over 25 years of experience, Forever Families promises to provide you with a quick, efficient home study in Florida.
- Adoption Home Study Services 727-375-2996 The professionals at Adoption Home Study Services are committed to providing you with not just a home study, but also support and education through your adoption.
- American Adoptions of Florida 1-800-ADOPTION A national agency with a location in Tampa, American Adoptions is licensed to complete home studies in multiple states, including Florida.
Hospitals in JacksonvilleIf you are a pregnant mother pursuing adoption, you will want to plan your hospital stay when your due date approaches. It is up to you to decide where and how you want to have your baby, as well as who you would like to be present with you. If you are interested in planning your hospital stay or learning more, speak to your adoption specialist and contact one of your nearby hospitals:
- Memorial Hospital Jacksonville 3625 University Blvd. S Jacksonville, FL 32216 904-702-6111
- Vincent’s Medical Center Riverside 1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville, FL 32204 904-308-7300
- St. Vincent’s Medical Center Southside 4201 Belfort Road Jacksonville, FL 32216 904-296-3700
- UF Health Jacksonville 655 West 8th Street Jacksonville, FL 32209 904-244-0411
- Mayo Clinic Campus in Florida 4500 San Pablo Road Jacksonville, FL 32224 904-953-2000