Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in Florida » St. Petersburg Adoption & Foster Care Resources
St. Petersburg Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you are interested in adoption as an expectant mother or a prospective adoptive parent in St. Petersburg, Florida, the following information will tell you everything you need to know about the adoption process. Read on for more information about local adoption and foster care professionals, home study providers and other St. Petersburg adoption and foster care services. For more information about state adoption laws, resources and processes, visit our Adoption in Florida page.
St. Petersburg Adoption Agencies and ProfessionalsAdoptive families and pregnant mothers alike can benefit from working with an adoption agency. Unlike other types of adoption professionals, agencies are equipped to provide you with comprehensive adoption services. If you are looking for an adoption agency or interested in learning more, follow the links below to find information on adoption agencies in St. Petersburg:
Become a St. Petersburg Foster ParentYour first step to pursuing foster care in St. Petersburg will be meeting all of the Florida state requirements. These include:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Complete foster parent training
- Pass a criminal record and background check
- Meet the Florida DCF’s standards for a suitable home
Home Study ProfessionalsFor adoptive and foster parents in St. Petersburg, the home study is one of the most important parts of the process. The process involves a home inspection, background checks, and interviews of the family to make sure they are ready to adopt. It is important to choose the right professional to complete your home study and ensure it complies with all Florida laws and requirements. To get started, contact a home study provider serving St. Petersburg: Near St. Petersburg:
- Destiny Adoption Services 727-202-9866 Destiny Adoption Services provides a variety of home study services to Florida families, including domestic, international, stepparent, and embryo adoption home studies, as well as post-placement visits.
- Joshua Tree Adoptions 888-682-3678 The Joshua Tree Adoptions outlines the agency’s domestic and international home study services, along with the rates they charge for the home study and post-placement assessments.
- Hope for Families 772-429-3334 On the Hope for Families home study page, you can find a description of the services they offer to Florida families, as well as a checklist of necessary documents.
- ACF Adoptions 1-800-348-0467 ACF is a licensed, full-service adoption agency with qualified social workers who will take you through your Florida home study.
Hospitals near St. PetersburgPregnant women pursuing adoption will create an adoption plan, and part of that involves preparing for the hospital trip. This is the most anticipated event in an adoption, and you want to make sure that you have a positive labor and delivery experience. Your healthcare provider and adoption specialist will be able to help you plan your hospital stay. In the meantime, you can view the information of hospitals and maternity wards near St. Petersburg:
- St. Petersburg General Hospital 6500 38th Avenue North St. Petersburg, FL 33710 727-384-1414
- Bayfront Baby Place 550 6th Street South St. Petersburg, FL 33701 Phone: 727-290-1310
- Florida Hospital Tampa 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613 813-971-6000
- Tampa General Hospital 1 Tampa General Circle Tampa, FL 33606 813-844-7000