Miami Adoption & Foster Care Resources
For adoptive families and potential birth parents alike, the adoption process can raise many questions – whether you are waiting to finalize an adoption, looking for the right professional, or simply wondering where to start. If you are hoping to adopt, foster, or place a child for adoption in Miami, the resources provided here will help you get started.
Adoption Agencies in MiamiThere are multiple kinds of adoption professionals you can consult if you are considering adoption, including facilitators, law firms, and law centers. Adoption agencies, whether they are national or local, are beneficial to expecting mothers and adoptive families because they provide all of the services you need in one place. If you would like to find an adoption agency in Miami, follow some of the links below:
Miami Foster Care ProfessionalsIn order to become foster parents in Miami, families must comply with Florida’s foster care requirements, which include:
- Undergo a background check
- Complete a home study
- Attend orientation and training
- Complete a licensing study to become officially licensed
Home Study ProvidersThe home study is a major landmark for adoptive families; after completing it, you will be ready to adopt a child. The process, which can take up to a few months, consists of background checks, a home inspection, and a series of interviews. In order to complete your home study in Miami, you will need to contact a Florida-licensed social worker. Read on for a list of licensed home study providers near you: Near Miami:
- Adoption Affiliates of South Florida 305-666-7374 The home study providers at Adoption Affiliates of South Florida have helped families across Florida with home studies and post-placement visits.
- Pam Weyh – Sunshine State Adoption & Home Study Services 407-422-9136 Located in Miami, Pam Weyh works with Sunshine State Adoption & Home Study Services to help families in South Florida complete their home studies.
- Adoption STAR 954-566-6055 This adoption agency can provide home studies for families in Florida as well as New York and Ohio.
- Adoption Home Study Services 727-375-2996 The professionals at Adoption Home Study Services provide counseling, education, and home study services to Florida families.
Hospitals near MiamiOne of the most anticipated events of an adoption is the hospital trip. If you are a pregnant woman considering adoption, you will eventually work with your specialist and healthcare provider to develop a hospital plan. This plan helps you determine the kind of labor experience you want and who you want to be there with you. If you are ready to begin thinking about your hospital plan, you can start by contacting one of your nearby hospitals:
- South Miami Hospital 6200 SW 73 Street South Miami, FL 33143 786-662-4000
- Baptist Hospital 8900 North Kendall Drive Miami, FL 33176 786-596-1960
- Mercy Hospital – Miami 3663 S Miami Ave Miami, FL 33133 305-854-4400
- Jackson North Medical Center 160 N.W. 170th Street North Miami Beach, FL 33169 305-651-1100