Orlando Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you’re a pregnant woman considering adoption or a family looking to adopt, the first steps of the adoption process can often be the most confusing. Every state’s adoption process is slightly different, so you will need to learn about adoption in Florida and find professionals near you. If you are in the Orlando area and thinking about adoption, the following resources will help you to get started.
Adoption Agencies in OrlandoThe adoption professional you choose will be your partner in the process; adoption agencies work with you through every stage of your adoption. Below are some of the local agencies you can contact in the Orlando area:
- Love and Hope Adoption Services
- Heart of Adoptions
- A Chosen Child
- Connecting Hearts Adoption Services
- Be 21 years old or older
- Complete a home study and background checks
- Complete the required training
- Meet the standards of a suitable foster home as defined by the Department of Children and Families
Home Study ProfessionalsAll hopeful adoptive parents must complete a home study before they can be cleared to adopt. This includes a collection of legal documents and a background check, along with a home inspection and interview by a social worker. Here, you can find a list of home study providers near you. Near Orlando:
- Sunshine State Adoption and Home Study Services 407-422-9136 Located in Orlando, this office provides home study services to families throughout the state of Florida. They also offer guidance to help you get started with adoption, find an agency, and find resources for loans and grants.
- Angela Quick 386-852-9098 A licensed home study provider and the founder of the Adoption and Family Support Center, Angela Quick can help you complete your home study as well as guide you through the adoption process.
- Adoption Support Services of Florida 407-366-6436 This child-placing agency offers home study services to families even if they are not adopting through the agency. They will work with any professionals you have chosen and guide you through your home study.
- Sue Ham 941-342-8189 Sue Ham, a licensed Florida social worker, can conduct home studies for any prospective families in the state.
- Forever Families Adoption Services 407-977-8639 Forever Families Adoption Services is committed to helping you complete your home study and prepare you to welcome a child into your home. Their specialists provide home study services as well as matching and other domestic adoption services.
- Adoption Home Study Services 727-375-2996 While their focus is primarily on home studies, Adoption Home Study Services also provides support and education to families hoping to adopt.
- American Adoptions of Florida 1-800-ADOPTION As a national adoption agency, American Adoptions is licensed to provide home study services in multiple states, including Florida. Contact them at their Tampa or Sunrise locations.
Hospitals in OrlandoAs prospective birth mothers create an adoption plan, they should also prepare for their hospital stay. When the big day arrives, it is up to the birth mother to decide who she wants to be present with her, how much time she wants to spend with her baby, and how much she will interact with the adoptive family. Contact one of the following locations for information as you begin thinking about your hospital plan:
- Florida Hospital of Orlando 601 East Rollins Street Orlando, FL 32803 407-303-5600
- Orlando Regional Medical Center 52 W Underwood Street Orlando, FL 32806 321-481-5111