Joliet Adoption & Foster Care Resources
For adopting families and expecting mothers alike, adoption can be a long and complex process, and you may be wondering what resources and support are available to you in the Joliet area. Fortunately, you can find local professionals, home study providers, healthcare professionals, and anything else you need to pursue your adoption. The following page will provide you with everything you need to know about adoption in Joliet.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in JolietWhether you are considering adopting or placing a baby for adoption in Joliet, the professional you choose to work with can provide the guidance, services and support you need through the adoption process. Some adoptive and birth parents are most comfortable working with a local or regional adoption agency. The following Joliet adoption professionals can help you complete your adoption:
- Holt-Sunny Ridge
- Adoption Center of Illinois
- O’Dekirk, Allred & Associates, LLC
- Reich, Jumbeck & Stole
Joliet Foster Care ResourcesParents looking to adopt an older child or provide temporary homes for children can pursue foster care in their home town. In order to be a foster parent in Joliet, you must meet the following Illinois requirements:
- Pass a criminal and fingerprint-based background check
- Pass a home inspection
- Submit a physical and other medical information
- Attend 27 hours of training
Home Study ProvidersIf you want to adopt a child in Joliet, you must first find a state-licensed social worker to conduct a home study for you. When you find a home study provider, they will help you through the process of completing a background check, home inspection, and interview to make sure your home is ready for a child. To get your home study started, contact one of the following Illinois home study professionals:
- Mary’s Services 847-870-8181 With over 100 years of experience, St. Mary’s has helped countless couples complete their home studies and post-placement assessments.
- Madison Adoption Associates 1-302-475-8977 MAA is licensed in several states to complete home studies, and you do not have to be working with their agency to use their home study services.
- Adoption Center of Illinois 1-800-966-5877 The Adoption Center of Illinois provides Illinois-compliant home studies to families working with them or any other agency.
Hospitals near JolietIf you are an expectant mother pursuing adoption, you will need to consider your hospital plan as your due date approaches. As a prospective birth mother, you can work with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider to determine the type of labor and delivery experience you want to have. When you are ready to begin creating your hospital plan, here are some Joliet area hospitals that may be able to assist you:
- Presence Saint Joseph Medical Center 333 North Madison Street Joliet, IL 60435 877-737-4636
- Silver Cross Hospital 1900 Silver Cross Boulevard New Lenox, IL 60451 815-300-1100
- Palos Community Hospital 12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights, IL 60463 708-923-4000
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital 3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove, Illinois 60515 1-630-275-5900