Naperville Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you are a hopeful parent seeking to adopt or a pregnant woman considering an adoption plan, there are many local adoption and foster care resources in Naperville. The following provides information about local adoption agencies, home study providers and other adoption services in and around Naperville, Illinois. Additional resources for expectant mothers and adoptive parents throughout the state are included in our Illinois adoption information.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in NapervilleThere are multiple kinds of adoption professionals you can consult if you are considering adoption, including facilitators, law firms, and law centers. Adoption agencies, whether they are national or local, are beneficial to expecting mothers and adoptive families because they provide all of the services you need in one place. If you would like to find an adoption agency or other professional in Naperville, follow some of the links below:
- Holt-Sunny Ridge
- Adoption Center of Illinois
- Sullivan Taylor & Gumina, P.C.
- Calabrese Associates, P.C.
- Grunyk & Associates, P.C.
Naperville Foster Care ResourcesParents looking to pursue foster care in Naperville should become familiar with the requirements in Illinois, which include:
- Pass a criminal and fingerprint-based background check
- Pass a home inspection
- Submit a physical and other medical information
- Attend 27 hours of training
Home Study ProvidersConsisting of personal interviews, background checks, a home evaluation and more, the Illinois home study is one of the most important parts of every adoption and foster care process. It is important to choose the right professional to complete your adoption home study and ensure it complies with all state laws and requirements. To get started, contact a home study provider in your state:
- Adoption Center of Illinois 1-800-966-5877 The Adoption Center of Illinois provides Illinois-compliant home studies to families working with them or any other agency.
- ABC Counseling and Family Services 309-451-9495 ext. 108 A licensed, not-for-profit agency, ABC Counseling and Family services offers home study services as well as counseling for adoptive parents anywhere in the state.
- Mary’s Services 847-870-8181 With over 100 years of experience, St. Mary’s has helped countless couples complete their home studies and post-placement assessments.
Hospitals near NapervilleIf you are a pregnant mother and pursuing adoption, you will want to work with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider to plan your hospital stay. By creating a hospital plan, you can let those involved in your adoption know how you want the big day to proceed and who you want to be there with you. To get started or find more information, you can contact a nearby hospital:
- Edward Hospital 801 South Washington Street Naperville, IL 60540 630-527-3000