Fort Wayne Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you are a hopeful parent seeking to adopt or a pregnant woman considering an adoption plan, there are many local adoption and foster care resources in For Wayne. The following provides information about local adoption agencies, home study providers and other adoption services in and around Fort Wayne, Indiana. Additional resources for expectant mothers and adoptive parents throughout the state are included in our Indiana adoption information.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in Fort WaynePregnant mothers and hopeful families can both find all of the adoption services they need with adoption agencies. From introductory counseling to post-placement and finalization, an adoption agency will accompany you through every step of your adoption. If you are interested in working with an agency in the Fort Wayne area, contact one of the following professionals:
- Adoption Gateway, a Service of Gateway Woods
- Thomas C. Allen, Attorney at Law
- Lutheran Social Services of Indiana
Become a Foster Parent in Fort WayneIn order to be a foster parent or adopt a child from foster care in Fort Wayne, you must meet Indiana’s foster parent requirements, which include:
- Complete a county-issued licensing packet
- Complete a background check and home study
- Attend 10 hours of training
Home Study ProfessionalsEvery adoptive and foster parent in Fort Wayne must complete an Indiana home study. During the assessment, the home will be inspected and family members will be interviewed on a variety of topics, including their motivation to adopt, their understanding of adoptive parenting, and more. To learn more about the home study process and requirements in Indiana, visit our state adoption information page, or contact one of the following trusted home study providers in your area: Near Fort Wayne:
- Hand in Hand International Adoptions 260-636-3566 At their Indiana office, Hand in Hand can conduct home studies for families adopting with an out-of-state agency if they need an Indiana provider.
- Whitington Homes & Services 260-745-9431 With Whitington Homes & Services, you can receive education and guidance through your Indiana home study process.
- Adoptions and Family Support Network 219-924-2600 Indiana adoptive families can complete their home study and post-placement assessments with the Adoptions and Family Support Network, a licensed Indiana agency.
Hospitals near Fort WayneOne of the most emotional parts of the adoption process, both for birth parents and adoptive families, is the time spent in the hospital when the baby is born. It is entirely up to the birth mother to decide how she would like her hospital stay to proceed. If you are making an adoption plan for your baby, you will work with your adoption professional and your delivery hospital to ensure everything happens exactly as you want it to. When you are ready to begin creating your hospital plan, here are some Fort Wayne area hospitals that may be able to assist you:
- Dupont Hospital 2520 East Dupont Road Fort Wayne, IN 46825 260-416-3000
- Parkview Women’s and Children’s Hospital 11115 Parkview Plaza Drive Fort Wayne, IN 46845 260-672-6100
- Lutheran Hospital 7950 West Jefferson Boulevard Fort Wayne, IN 46804 260-435-7001
- St. Joseph Hospital 700 Broadway Fort Wayne, IN 46802 260-425-3000