Indianapolis Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you are considering adoption as an expectant mother or hopeful parent in Indianapolis, you are likely wondering what to expect through the adoption process. Read on to learn more about Indianapolis adoption agencies, home study professionals and other local adoption and foster care services, and find more information about state adoption laws, processes and qualifications on our Adoption in Indiana page.
Adoption Agencies in IndianapolisAdoption agencies are professionals that provide full pre- and post-adoption services to birth parents and adoptive families. By working with an agency, you can receive counseling, education, assistance with finding a match, and guidance through each step of the process. If you are interested in working with an agency, you can contact one of the following Indianapolis professionals:
- Adoption Support Center
- Elizabeth/Coleman Pregnancy & Adoption Services
- KidsFirst Adoption
- Kirsh & Kirsh, P.C.
- Complete a licensing packet
- Attend 10 hours of foster parent training
- Pass a home study
- Complete a background check
Home Study ProfessionalsRegardless of the adoption or foster care professional you choose to work with, you will need to complete an Indiana home study before a child can be placed in your care. Whether you are fostering or adopting, the home study ensures you are ready to provide a suitable home for a child. Information about the home study process is available on our Adoption in Indiana page. The following home study providers can provide additional information about completing the home study in your area: Near Indianapolis:
- MLJ Adoptions 317-875-0058 MLJ Adoptions performs home studies for domestic, international, relative, and stepparent adoptions to assist Indiana families.
- A Bond of Life Adoptions 317-873-3841 ABL Adoptions is licensed in Indiana and Louisiana to complete home studies for families, specializing in embryo adoption.
- Adoptions of Indiana 317-574-8950 The specialists at Adoptions of Indiana are available at all times by phone to help you, and they will assist you through your home study and follow-up assessments.
- Adoptions and Family Support Network 219-924-2600 Among the varied services this professional provides to Indiana families, they are qualified to complete your home study and provide adoption education.
- All Blessings International 270-684-2598 ABI works in four states, including Indiana, to provide domestic adoption services such as home studies.
- Miriam Project Adoption Services 765-640-1580 Miriam Project is licensed to complete domestic, international, and relative home studies for families in Indiana.
Indianapolis HospitalsPregnant mothers who are considering adoption must also consider their hospital plan as their due date approaches. If you are planning your hospital stay, you can work with your adoption specialist to determine where and how you would like to have your baby, who you want to be present with you, and how much contact you would like with your baby and the adoptive family on the big day. To help you plan your hospital stay, you can contact one of the following hospitals near Indianapolis for more information on their facilities:
- IU Health North Hospital 11700 N. Meridian Street Carmel, IN 46032 317-688-2000
- Riverview Health 395 Westfield Rd Noblesville, IN 46060 317-773-0760
- Johnson Memorial Hospital Maternity Care Center 1125 West Jefferson Street Franklin, IN 46131 317-736-3300
- Franciscan St. Francis Health Indianapolis 8111 South Emerson Avenue Indianapolis, IN 46237 317-528-5000