South Bend Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you live in South Bend, Indiana and want to pursue adoption, either as an expecting mother or a hopeful adoptive family, you may want to look for adoption resources in your area. If you are looking for adoption agencies, foster care professionals, or home study providers in South Bend, the following page will provide you with everything you need and more.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in South BendAdoption agencies are professionals that provide full pre- and post-adoption services to birth parents and adoptive families. By working with an agency, you can receive counseling, education, assistance with finding a match, and guidance through each step of the process. If you are interested in working with an agency or professional near you, you can contact one of the following South Bend professionals:
- Holy Family Catholic Adoption Agency
- Mario J. Zappia, Attorney at Law
- Beverly S. Peters and Associates, P.C.
- Kirsh & Kirsh, P.C.
South Bend Foster Care AgenciesIn order to become a foster parent in South Bend, you must make sure you meet Indiana’s state requirements, which include:
- Attend a 10-hour foster parent training program
- Complete the foster care licensing packet for your county
- Pass a background check and home study
- KidsFirst Adoption 317-843-2300 KidsFirst is qualified to provide domestic and Hague-compliant international home studies to families in Indiana.
- MLJ Adoptions 317-875-0058 Indiana parents can contact MLJ Adoptions to complete their domestic, international, stepparent, kinship, or embryo adoption.
- Adoptions of Indiana 317-574-8950 With Adoptions of Indiana, you can be sure that your home study is completed in accordance with Indiana guidelines, and you can find any other adoption services you require.
- Protect Our Children, Inc. 317-927-7159 Originally created to provide home studies to Indiana families, Protect Our Children, Inc. now also offers post-placement assessments and counseling and support for birth mothers.
- Adoptions and Family Support Network 219-924-2600 Adoptions and Family Support Network offers a wide range of services to prospective birth parents and adoptive families, including any of your home study needs.
Hospitals near South BendProspective birth mothers must work with their adoption specialist and healthcare provider to plan for the hospital trip when it is time to have the baby. If you are an expecting mother pursuing an adoption plan, you and your specialist will discuss what kind of labor and delivery experience you want, how much time you would like with your baby, and who you want to be there with you. When you are ready to begin considering your hospital plan, you can contact one of the following hospitals in or near the South Bend area:
- Mishawaka Medical Center 5215 Holy Cross Parkway Mishawaka, IN 46545 574-335-5000
- Memorial Hospital of South Bend 615 North Michigan Street South Bend, IN 46601 574-647-1000