Hammond Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Families hoping to adopt or pregnant women considering adoption may be unsure of what resources are available to them in the Hammond area. Here, you can find everything you need to know to complete your Pittsburgh adoption from start to finish. Read on to find information about Hammond adoption and foster care professionals, home study providers, hospitals, and more. For even more information, visit our adoption in Indiana page.
Hammond Adoption Agencies and ProfessionalsOne of the first steps in adoption is choosing a professional to help you through each step of the process. Some couples and individuals prefer to work with local adoption agencies and attorneys. Below, you can find a list of Hammond adoption agencies and other adoption professionals:
- Adoption Center for Family Building
- ABL Adoptions
- Tauber Law Offices
- Efron & Efron Professional Corporation
Become a Hammond Foster ParentIf you are hoping to adopt an older child, you may want to adopt through the foster care system. In order to become a foster parent in Hammond, you must meet the following Indiana requirements:
- Fill out a state-issued licensing packet
- Complete a background check
- Pass a home study
- Attend 10 hours of foster parent training
Home Study ProvidersThe home study signifies that you are officially ready to adopt a child. During this assessment, a social worker will conduct a background check, visit your home, and interview the members of your household to make sure your home is safe for a baby. The home study can take up to a few months, so it is recommended that you begin as soon as possible. See the sections below for information on Indiana-licensed home study providers: Near Hammond:
- MLJ Adoptions 317-875-0058 MLJ works with hopeful families on a variety of adoption situations, including domestic, international, kinship, and embryo adoption.
- KidsFirst Adoption 317-843-2300 KidsFirst can provide domestic adoption services to families in Indiana. They are also Hague accredited and work on international adoptions.
- Adoptions of Indiana 317-574-8950 Adoptions of Indiana will make sure that you Indiana home study is completed, and they can provide you with any other adoption services you need.
- Adoptions and Family Support Network 219-924-2600 Complete your home study and find help for any of your other adoption-related need with this Indiana-based agency.
Hospitals near HammondWhen the time comes for the adoptive family and birth parents to finally meet their little one, a hospital plan will be in place to determine the details of the labor and delivery process. If you are a prospective birth mother, your adoption agency will work with you and your delivery hospital to develop and coordinate your hospital plan. Here are some nearby hospitals you may be working with:
- St. Catherine Hospital 4321 Fir Street East Chicago, IN 46312 219-392-1700
- Porter Regional Hospital 85 East US-6 Frontage Road Valparaiso, IN 46383 219-983-8300
- Methodist Hospital, Southlake Campus 8701 Broadway Merrillville, IN 46410 219-738-5500