Eugene Adoption & Foster Care Resources
As a prospective adoptive or birth parent in Eugene, you likely have many questions about how to adopt or place a baby for adoption in Oregon. Fortunately, there are plenty of local adoption professionals available to assist you through the adoption process and answer any questions you might have about adoption in Eugene. Visit our How to Adopt in Oregon page to learn more about adoption throughout the state.
Eugene Adoption Agencies and Adoption ProfessionalsOne of the first steps in the adoption process is to choose an adoption professional. Adoption professionals, such as agencies or attorneys, work with expectant mothers and adoptive parents to complete the adoption from start to finish. Some prospective birth parents and adoptive families prefer to work with local agencies. The following adoption professionals are located in Eugene and have experience completing local adoptions:
- Open Adoption & Family Services
- Holt International
- Timothy F. Brewer, Attorney at Law
- Peggy A. Bond, Attorney at Law
How to Become a Foster Parent in EugeneTo become a foster parent or adopt a foster child in Eugene, you must meet certain state requirements. In addition to completing a home study, prospective foster parents must be at least 21 years old and be financially able to support themselves and a child. More information about becoming a foster parent in Oregon is available on our state page or through the following foster agencies and resources:
Home Study Providers in EugeneWhether you’re growing your family through private adoption or foster care, the home study is one of the most important parts of the process for prospective parents. The Oregon home study includes a series of interviews, home visits, criminal records checks and more. It is important to choose the right professional to complete your adoption home study and ensure it complies with all state laws and requirements. To get started, contact a licensed home study provider in your area:
- All God’s Children 503-282-7652 All God’s Children International is licensed to perform home studies in Oregon for families adopting through any adoption agency.
- Holt International 541-687-2202 Holt International provides home study and post-placement services for families in Oregon.
- Christian Family Adoptions 503-232-1211 Christian Family Adoptions offers home study and post-placement services for independent adoptions, infant adoptions and state foster care adoption programs in Oregon.
Hospitals in EugeneOne of the most emotional parts of the adoption process, both for birth parents and adoptive families, is the time spent in the hospital when the baby is born. It is entirely up to the birth mother to decide how she would like her hospital stay to go. If you are making an adoption plan for your baby, you will work with your adoption professional and your delivery hospital to ensure everything happens exactly as you want it to. When you are ready to begin creating your hospital plan, here are some Eugene area hospitals that may be able to assist you:
- PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center 3333 Riverbend Drive Springfield, OR 97477 541-222-7300
- Women’s Care at Country Club 590 Country Club Parkway, Suite B Eugene, OR 97401 541-686-2922
- McKenzie-Willamette Medical Center 1460 G Street Springfield, OR 97477 541-726-4400