Hillsboro Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you live in the Hillsboro area and are considering adoption, either as a prospective adoptive parent or as a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy, you are likely wondering about Oregon adoption laws, resources and processes. Here, find the information you need about Hillsboro adoption agencies, home study providers and other local adoption and foster care services.
Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals in HillsboroThe adoption professional you choose to work with will provide pre- and post-adoption services and help guide you through the adoption process. If you are interested in working with an adoption professional near Hillsboro, the following local professionals can help you get started:
Foster Care Professionals in HillsboroBecoming a foster parent can be a rewarding way to help children in need of temporary care. In Oregon, prospective foster parents must meet certain requirements and complete the Oregon home study. To learn more about the requirements and process to become a foster parent in Hillsboro, contact a local foster care professional: Oregon adoption information page or contact the Department of Human Services.
Home Study Providers in HillsboroWhether you are interested in adopting an infant through a private domestic adoption agency or becoming a foster parent in Hillsboro, you will need to complete a home study that meets Oregon state requirements. The home study ensures that your home is safe and suitable for raising a child. When you are ready to begin the home study process, contact an Oregon home study provider near you:
- All God’s Children 503-282-7652 All God’s Children International is licensed to perform home studies in Oregon for families adopting through any adoption agency.
- Holt International 541-687-2202 Holt International provides home study and post-placement services for families in Oregon.
- Christian Family Adoptions 503-232-1211 Christian Family Adoptions offers home study and post-placement services for independent adoptions, infant adoptions and state foster care adoption programs in Oregon.
Hospitals in HillsboroPart of the adoption process for expectant mothers is to create a hospital plan. This plan explains your wishes for your hospital stay when it is time to have the baby. You will have the opportunity to decide who you’d like to see in the delivery room, how much time you will spend with the adoptive family, and more. As you consider your hospital plan, you can find some information about Hillsboro hospitals below:
- Tuality Healthcare Family Birth Unit 335 SE 8th Avenue Hillsboro, OR 97123 503-681-1275
- OHSU – Marquam Hill Campus 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road Portland, OR 97239 503-494-7534