Portland Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Couples and individuals considering adoption often wonder what local resources, services and professionals are available to them. Whether you are facing an unplanned pregnancy or are interested in growing your family through adoption, this guide provides the information you need about Portland adoption agencies, home study providers and more.
Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals in PortlandAdoption agencies can be great resources for local adoption information. For birth parents and adoptive families who would prefer to work with a local or regional agency, these professionals can provide detailed information about adoption in Portland:
Become a Foster Parent in PortlandIf you are considering becoming a foster parent or adding to your family through foster care adoption, these local agencies and resources can provide information about foster care in Portland: state adoption information page or through the Oregon Department of Human Services.
Portland Home Study ServicesRegardless of the adoption or foster care professional you choose to work with, you will need to complete an Oregon home study before a child can be placed in your care. This process ensures that you are ready to provide a safe and stable home for a child and provides prospective parents with additional information about the foster care or adoption process. Information about the home study process is available on our Adoption in Oregon page. The following home study providers can provide additional information about completing the home study in your area:
- All God’s Children 503-282-7652 All God’s Children International is licensed to perform home studies in Oregon for families adopting through any adoption agency.
- Holt International 541-687-2202 Holt International provides home study and post-placement services for families in Oregon.
- Christian Family Adoptions 503-232-1211 Christian Family Adoptions offers home study and post-placement services for independent adoptions, infant adoptions and state foster care adoption programs in Oregon.
Hospitals in PortlandWhen the time comes to finally meet the new baby, a hospital plan will be in place to determine who is in the delivery room when the baby is born, how much time the birth and adoptive parents will spend with the new baby, and more. If you are a prospective birth mother, you will create a hospital plan that details your desires for your hospital stay. Your adoption professional can coordinate with the delivery hospital to make them aware of your hospital plan. Find more information about some Portland-area maternity hospitals below:
- OHSU Center for Women’s Health 3181 S.W. Sam Jackson Park Road Portland, OR 97239 503-494-7534
- Providence St. Vincent Family Maternity Center 9205 SW Barnes Road Portland, OR 97225 503-216-1234
- Legacy Emanuel Medical Center 2801 N. Gantenbein Ave. Portland, OR 97227 503-413-2200
- Adventist Family Birth Place 10123 SE Market Street Portland, OR 97216 503-257-2500