Gresham Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you are interested in adoption as an expectant mother or a prospective adoptive parent in Gresham, Oregon, the following information will tell you everything you need to know about the adoption process. Read on for more information about local adoption and foster care professionals, home study providers and other Gresham adoption and foster care services. For more information about state adoption laws, resources and processes, visit our Adoption in Oregon page.
Gresham Adoption Agencies and Adoption ProfessionalsPregnant women and adoptive families have many options when choosing an adoption professional, from national agencies to adoption attorneys. If you are interested in working with an adoption professional in the Gresham area, here are some local adoption professionals near you: Oregon adoption page.
Gresham Foster Care ResourcesThe process and requirements to become a foster parent are determined by state laws. In Oregon, a prospective foster parent should complete the home study and meet certain age and financial requirements. The professionals and resources below can provide additional information about becoming a foster parent in Gresham: Oregon adoption information page, or contact the department of human services.
Home Study Providers in GreshamThe home study is an important part of the adoption and foster care process in Gresham. The Oregon home study is an assessment of prospective parents that ensures they are ready to add to their family through adoption. Information about the Oregon home study is included on our Oregon adoption page. To begin the home study process, contact a qualified professional near you:
- All God’s Children 503-282-7652 All God’s Children International is licensed to perform home studies in Oregon for families adopting through any adoption agency.
- Holt International 541-687-2202 Holt International provides home study and post-placement services for families in Oregon.
- Christian Family Adoptions 503-232-1211 Christian Family Adoptions offers home study and post-placement services for independent adoptions, infant adoptions and state foster care adoption programs in Oregon.
Hospitals in GreshamAs an expectant mother making an adoption plan, you will have an opportunity to plan your hospital stay as your due date approaches. This plan will outline how you want the labor and delivery to go and who you want to share the experience with. Your adoption professional will work with you, the adoptive family and the delivery hospital to ensure everyone is aware of your hospital plan when the big day comes. Here are some Gresham area hospitals that you may be working with:
- Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center 24800 SE Stark Street Gresham, OR 97030 503-674-1122
- Providence Medical Group – Gresham 440 NW Division Street Gresham, OR 97030 503-215-9500