Salem Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you are a family hoping to grow through adoption or a pregnant woman considering adoption for your baby, you will need a variety of services and support throughout the adoption process. Here, you will find local resources and adoption information for the Salem area. Visit our How to Adopt in Oregon page for additional resources and information about adoption in the Beaver State.
Salem Adoption Professionals and Adoption AgenciesProspective birth parents and hopeful adoptive families should work closely with an adoption professional throughout the process. This professional will provide education, counseling and the adoption services you need to complete your adoption. When choosing an adoption agency, some people prefer to work with an adoption professional in their area. The following adoption professionals are based in the Salem area and have experience completing local adoptions:
How to Become a Foster Parent in SalemTo be a foster parent in Salem, couples and individuals must meet the requirements of the state and their chosen agency. In Oregon, prospective foster parents must be at least 21 years old and be financially able to support themselves and a child. If you are interested in becoming a foster family, contact a local foster care organization: Oregon adoption page.
Home Study Providers in SalemFor prospective parents, the home study is one of the most important parts of every adoption and foster care process. Consisting of interviews, background checks, home visits and a written report, the Oregon home study helps ensure that your home is fit for a child. It is important to choose the right professional to complete your adoption home study and ensure it complies with all state laws and requirements. To get started, contact a home study provider in your area:
- All God’s Children 503-282-7652 All God’s Children International is licensed to perform home studies in Oregon for families adopting through any adoption agency.
- Holt International 541-687-2202 Holt International provides home study and post-placement services for families in Oregon.
- Christian Family Adoptions 503-232-1211 Christian Family Adoptions offers home study and post-placement services for independent adoptions, infant adoptions and state foster care adoption programs in Oregon.
Hospitals in SalemIf you are an expectant mother pursuing adoption, you will need to consider your hospital plan as your due date approaches. As a prospective birth mother, you can work with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider to determine the type of labor and delivery experience you want to have. When you are ready to begin creating your hospital plan, here are some Salem area hospitals that may be able to assist you:
- Salem Health Family Birth Center 890 Oak Street SE Salem, OR 97301 503-561-5200
- Silverton Health Family Birth Center 342 Fairview Street Silverton, OR 97381 503-873-1680
- Santiam Hospital 1401 North 10th Avenue Stayton, OR 97383 503-769-2175