Bellevue Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you live in Bellevue and are considering adopting a child or placing a baby for adoption, your first question may be where to start. Fortunately, you can begin your adoption journey right in your hometown. The following page will give you information on Bellevue adoption agencies, home study providers, hospitals, and more.
Bellevue Adoption Agencies and ProfessionalsAdoption agencies are professionals that provide full pre- and post-adoption services to birth parents and adoptive families. By working with an agency, you can receive counseling, education, assistance with finding a match, and guidance through each step of the process. If you are interested in working with an agency, you can contact one of the following Bellevue professionals:
- Antioch Adoptions
- Northwest Adoption Exchange
- World Association for Children and Parents
- McKinley Irvin Family Law
Foster Care Resources in BellevueTo become a foster parent in Bellevue, interested couples and individuals must meet certain state qualifications and satisfy the requirements of their chosen agency. State requirements in Washington include:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Be financially stable
- Complete necessary training and licensing orientation
Home Study ProvidersThe home study is an important landmark for adoptive families; once you have completed it, you will be officially ready to adopt a child. Consisting of a series of background checks, a home inspection, and an interview, the home study ensures that your home is safe and suitable for raising a child. If you are ready to begin your home study, then read on to find licensed home study professionals in Washington. Near Bellevue:
- Evergreen Adoption Services 425-652-1542 Evergreen specializes in providing home studies and post-placement reports for all kinds of adoptions in Seattle, Bellevue, or anywhere else in Western Washington.
- Your Adoptive Family 206-408-7219 The home study page of Your Adoptive Family provides you with everything you will need to complete a Washington home study with them, along with the fees they charge.
- Children’s Home Society of Washington 206-695-3200 Visit the CHS home study page for a breakdown of their fees for domestic home studies, international home studies, and post-placement visits.
- All God’s Children International 503-282-7652 All God’s Children provides comprehensive domestic and international adoption services, and they also offer their home study services to families adopting with another professional.
- Lori Whitaker, LSCW 360-576-6597 Contact Lori Whitaker, a state-licensed social worker, and she can help you with all of your domestic, international, and stepparent home study needs.
Hospitals near BellevueIf you are a pregnant mother and pursuing adoption, you will want to work with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider to plan your hospital stay. By creating a hospital plan, you can let those involved in your adoption know how you want the big day to proceed and who you want to be there with you. To get started or find more information, you can contact a nearby hospital:
- Eastside Maternal Fetal Medicine 1110 112th Avenue NE, Suite 100 Bellevue, WA, 98004 425-688-8111
- Overlake Hospital Medical Center 1035 116th Avenue NE Bellevue, WA 98004 425-688-5000
- Northwest Hospital & Medical Center 1550 N. 115th Street Seattle, WA 98133 206-364-0500