Tacoma Adoption & Foster Care Resources
As a family hoping to grow through adoption or a pregnant woman considering adoption for your baby, you have access to a variety of services and support throughout the adoption process. Here, you will find local resources and adoption information for Tacoma, Washington. For more information, you can visit our Washington adoption information page.
Tacoma Adoption Agencies and ProfessionalsThe adoption professional you choose will be your partner in the process; adoption agencies work with you through every stage of your adoption. Other types of adoption professionals include facilitators, adoption attorneys, and law centers. Below are some of the local professionals you can contact in the Tacoma area:
Foster Parent Resources near TacomaIf you are hoping to adopt an older child, you may want to adopt through the foster care system. In order to become a foster parent in Tacoma, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have proof of financial stability
- Complete state training and licensing orientation
Home Study ProvidersWhether you are pursuing domestic infant, international or foster care adoption, all adoptive parents in Washington are required to complete an adoption home study. Information about what to expect throughout the home study process is available on our state information page. In addition, the following professionals can help you complete the home study in your area: Near Tacoma:
- Children's Home Society of Washington 206-695-3200 Serving the Tacoma area, Children's Home Society of Washington can help with your home study process.
- Your Adoptive Family 206-408-7219 Your Adoptive Family is a licensed, non-profit agency that provides comprehensive adoption services and will meet your family’s unique needs.
- Evergreen Adoption Services 425-652-1542 Contact Evergreen Adoption Services to learn more about home studies, find guidance on what to expect, and finally complete your Washington home study.
Hospitals in TacomaIf you are a pregnant mother considering adoption, you will eventually need to create a hospital plan. Your adoption specialist and healthcare provider can assist you with this part of your adoption plan. When arranging for your hospital stay, you should consider where and how you want to give birth and who you want to be there with you. As you think about your hospital trip, you can find more information about hospitals near you:
- St. Joseph Medical Center 1717 South J Street Tacoma, WA 98405 253-426-4101
- MultiCare Tacoma General Hospital 315 Martin Luther King Jr Way Tacoma, WA 98405 253-403-1000
- The Birthing Inn 6002 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 120 Tacoma, WA 98406 253-761-8939