Vancouver Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you are a hopeful parent seeking to adopt or a pregnant woman considering an adoption plan, there are many local adoption and foster care resources near Vancouver. The following provides information about local adoption agencies, home study providers and other adoption services in and around Vancouver, Washington. Additional resources for expectant mothers and adoptive parents throughout the state are included in our Washington adoption information.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals near VancouverWhether you are a prospective birth parent or an adoptive family, the professional you choose to work with will guide you through the adoption process and ensure you receive the necessary services and support to complete your adoption in Vancouver. The following professionals are stationed either in or near Vancouver and can help you begin a Vancouver adoption:
Foster Care Professionals in VancouverBefore you can become a foster parent in Vancouver, you must meet Washington foster care requirements, which include:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Complete required orientation and training
- Have proof of sufficient income
- Pass a background check
Home Study ProvidersThe home study is the process in which a social worker evaluates your home and family. After a background check, a collection of documents, a home inspection, and an interview of your family, your home study provider will determine if your home is safe and ready for a child. If you are pursuing adoption and ready to start your home study in Vancouver, you will need to find a Washington-licensed home study provider. Below, you can find a few of the home study professionals near you: Near Vancouver:
- Lori Whitaker, LCSW 360-576-6597 Located in Portland, Oregon, Lori Whitaker is licensed in both Washington and Oregon to provide home studies for families.
- All God’s Children International 503-282-7652 With their main office in Vancouver, Washington, All God’s Children offers its services in both domestic and international adoption to families across the country.
- Emily Farrell, MA, LMHC 360-815-6445 Emily Farrell is licensed in Washington and experienced with Washington adoption law. She will guide you through every step of your home study.
- Your Adoptive Family 206-408-7219 Your Adoptive Family has over ten years of experience and will pair your with your own social worker to complete your home study.
Hospitals near VancouverEveryone involved in an adoption waits in anticipation for the baby to be born – especially the birth mother. Before the big day arrives, you will want to consult your adoption professional and develop a hospital plan. This will let everyone know how you want your hospital experience to go, who you want to be with you, how much time you want with your baby, and more. As you begin to consider your hospital plan, you can contact one of your nearby hospitals or maternity centers for more information:
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center 400 NE Mother Joseph Place Vancouver, WA 98664 360-514-2000
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center 2211 NE 139th Street Vancouver, WA 98686 360-487-1000