Spokane Adoption & Foster Care Resources
For adopting families and expecting mothers alike, adoption can be a long process that requires a great deal of education, preparation, and professional guidance. If you are in the Spokane area and wondering how to begin the adoption process, the following collection of resources will help you with everything you need.
Spokane Adoption Agencies and Adoption ProfessionalsThe first step in an adoption is choosing an adoption professional. Many people reach out to an adoption agency because they are full-service professionals, so they provide everything you need for your adoption. Whether you choose to work with an agency, it is important to know that you must have a social worker to complete your home study and an attorney to legally complete your adoption. Below, you can find a list of Spokane adoption agencies and other professionals:
- Adoption Services of Spokane
- Antioch Adoptions
- Mark Iverson, PS Adoption Services
- Lutheran Community Services
Foster Care Professionals in SpokaneFamilies looking to adopt older children in their area should consider foster care. In order to be foster parents in the state of Washington, hopeful parents must meet these requirements:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Be financially stable
- Complete all necessary training and licensing orientation
- Foster Parent Association of Eastern Washington
- Washington State Department of Children, Youth, and Families
Home Study ProvidersDuring a home study, a state-licensed social worker will conduct a background check, a home inspection, and a series of interviews to ensure that your home is safe for a child. This is one of the most important steps of the adoption process, as it signifies that you are officially ready to adopt. To get started on your home study or learn more, contact one of the home study providers listed below: Near Spokane:
- Cindi Fuller, MSW 509-328-6274 An independent provider who works with Spokane-based Adoption Services of Spokane, Cindi Fuller is licensed to complete home studies for domestic, international, relative, and stepparent adoptions.
- Your Adoptive Family 206-408-7219 This licensed, nonprofit agency will provide all of the pre- and post-placement assessments you need for your adoption.
- Faith International Adoptions 253-383-1928 As a Hague-accredited agency, Faith International Adoptions is qualified to provide both international and domestic home studies for families.
Hospitals in SpokaneAs the due date for the baby approaches, mothers pursuing adoption should begin planning their hospital and labor experience. By working with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider, you can be sure to have a positive hospital stay. When making a hospital plan, consider where you would like to give birth, who you want there with you, and how much you would like to see your baby. For more information, you can contact one of the following hospitals or maternity centers in your area:
- Providence Holy Family Hospital 5633 North Lidgerwood Street Spokane, WA 99208 509-482-0111
- Rockwood Midwifery Center 910 West Fifth Avenue, Suite: 300 Spokane, WA 99204 509-755-5205
- Valley Hospital 12606 East Mission Avenue Spokane Valley, WA 99216 509-924-6650