Seattle Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you are looking to adopt or place a child for adoption in Seattle, you may not know what local resources are available to you. Whether you are looking for an adoption professional or wondering how to finalize your adoption, you can find the resources you need here and more. Read on to learn about Seattle adoption professionals, home study providers, hospitals, and everything else you need to complete your adoption.
Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals in SeattleBirth parents and adoptive families will require the help of an adoption agency or another professional to complete certain steps of an adoption. At an adoption agency, you can receive help with every step of the process, including matching, counseling, pre- and post-placement contact, and legal procedures. Below, you can find some of the adoption professionals in the Seattle area:
Seattle Foster Care ProfessionalsParents looking to pursue foster care in Seattle should become familiar with the processes in Washington, which can be found in detail on Adopt US Kids. Below, you can find an overview of foster care requirements for Seattle parents:
- Complete orientation and training
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have proof of sufficient income
- Complete a background check
Home Study ProfessionalsAll prospective adoptive families must complete a home study. It is recommended that you begin the process as soon as possible, as it can take up to a few months and you must complete it before you can move forward in your adoption. For your home study, you will need to contact a licensed social worker to conduct a background check, a home inspection, and interviews with you and your family. To begin the process or inquire further, contact one of the following Washington-licensed home study providers: Near Seattle:
- Children’s House International Adoptions 360-383-0623 Regardless of if you are adopting with another agency or pursuing domestic or international adoption, Children’s House is licensed to help you with your Washington home study.
- Your Adoptive Family 206-408-7219 Social worker and adoptive mother Jill Dziko is the executive director of this agency, which provides adoption support and home study services.
- Evergreen Adoption Services 425-652-1542 Evergreen Adoption Services provides help with domestic, international, and embryo adoptions in the form of pre- and post-placement home study reports.
- Emily Farrell, MA, LMHC 360-815-6445 A social worker and therapist, Emily Farrell is also licensed to complete adoption home studies.
- Homestudies Northwest 360-734-0362 Homestudies Northwest is licensed to conduct home studies in several locations of northwestern Washington.
- All God’s Children International 503-282-7652 Located in Vancouver, All God’s Children can complete home studies for domestic adoption as well as international adoption from several countries.
Hospitals near SeattleAs expecting mothers approach their due date, they must also begin considering their hospital plan, which includes where they would like to give birth, who they want to be with them, and how much time they would like with their baby. If this describes your situation, you can begin working with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider to ensure that you have a positive labor and delivery experience. Follow the links below for more information on hospitals and maternity wards near Seattle:
- Lytle Center for Pregnancy and Newborns 747 Broadway Seattle, WA 98122 206-215-9853
- Northwest Hospital & Medical Center 1550 N. 115th Street Seattle, WA 98133-9733 206-364-0500
- Seattle Home Maternity Service & Childbirth Center 3830 South Ferdinand Street Seattle, WA 98118 206-722-3426
- Evergreen Health 12040 NE 128th Street Kirkland, WA 98034 425-899-3501