Green Bay Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you are considering adoption as a prospective adoptive parent or expectant mother in Green Bay, there are many local adoption and foster care resources available to you. Read on to learn more about Green Bay adoption and foster care agencies, home study professionals and other local adoption and foster care services. To learn more about adoption laws, processes and qualifications throughout the state, visit our Wisconsin adoption page.
Green Bay Adoption Agencies and Adoption ProfessionalsYour adoption professional can provide the services and support you need throughout the adoption process. There are many adoption professionals to choose from, including national and local adoption agencies and adoption attorneys. For some adoptive and birth parents, it is most convenient to work with a local adoption agency. Here are some of the local and regional agencies serving the Green Bay area:
Green Bay Foster Care ResourcesTo become a foster parent in Wisconsin, you must complete a home study and meet certain Wisconsin foster parent requirements. If you need more information or if you are ready to begin the foster care or foster-to-adopt process in Green Bay, contact one of the following local agencies:
- Brown County Division of Child & Family Services
- Foundations Health & Wholeness
- Advocates for Healthy Transitional Living
Home Study Providers in Green BayThe home study is an important part of the process to become a foster or adoptive parent in Green Bay. The Wisconsin home study evaluates prospective parents and ensures they are ready to adopt based on criminal records checks, child abuse registry checks, pre-adoptive training and more. For a detailed overview of what to expect during the home study process, visit our How to Adopt in Wisconsin page. Your home study must be conducted by a legally qualified professional in Wisconsin. To begin the home study process, contact a provider in your area: Near Green Bay:
- Adoption Choice 800-255-6305 Adoption Choice Inc. is a Wisconsin licensed nonprofit child placing agency with offices in Green Bay, Milwaukee and Madison. The agency provides services for international, domestic, independent, out-of-state, relative and stepparent adoptions.
- Adoptions of Wisconsin 608-821-8220 Adoptions of Wisconsin, Inc. (AOW) is a full-service licensed adoption agency providing services for interstate, independent, stepparent, relative and LGBT adoptions, as well as home studies for embryo adoption.
Hospitals in Green BayOne of the most exciting steps in the adoption process is the arrival of the baby. If you are an expectant mother considering adoption, you will have control over your hospital plan, including who is in the delivery room with you, how much interaction you will have with your baby, and more. Your adoption professional can coordinate with your delivery hospital to ensure a smooth labor and delivery process. As you create your hospital plan, you may be able to work with one of the following Green Bay hospitals:
- St. Vincent Hospital 835 South Van Buren Street Green Bay, WI 54307 920-433-8329
- St. Mary’s Hospital Medical Center 1726 Shawano Avenue Green Bay, WI 54303 920-498-4212
- Aurora BayCare Medical Center 2845 Greenbrier Road Green Bay, WI 54311 920-288-8000
- Bellin Health Kress Birthing Center 744 South Webster Avenue Green Bay, WI 54305 920-433-3500