Madison Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you are a resident of Madison, Wisconsin, and are considering adoption as a prospective adoptive parent or a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy, you likely have questions about Wisconsin adoption laws, resources and processes. Here, find information about Madison adoption agencies, home study providers, foster care information and more.
Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals in MadisonThe adoption professional you choose to work with will play an important role throughout your adoption journey. Whether you are a prospective birth parent or adoptive family in Madison, your adoption agency or adoption attorney will help guide you through each step of the process and ensure you receive the services and support you need for a successful adoption. If you prefer to work with a local agency or attorney, consider the following Madison adoption professionals:
Foster Care Professionals in MadisonFoster care laws and processes are determined by the state. In Madison, foster parents must meet all Wisconsin requirements for foster parents and complete a certified home study before a foster child can be placed in their care. Some agencies also require prospective foster and adoptive parents to undergo additional training or meet additional requirements. Contact a foster agency in your area for more information about becoming a foster parent in Madison:
- Dane County Department of Human Services
- Family Works Programs, Inc.
- Community Care Resources
- Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
Home Study Providers in MadisonWhether you choose to pursue domestic infant adoption or foster care in Madison, you will be required to complete the Wisconsin home study. Information about the home study process and home study requirements in Wisconsin is available here. It is important to work with a legally qualified home study provider. To get started on your adoption or foster care home study, contact one of these area home study professionals:
- Adoption Choice 800-255-6305 Adoption Choice Inc. is a Wisconsin licensed nonprofit child placing agency with offices in Green Bay, Milwaukee and Madison. The agency provides services for international, domestic, independent, out-of-state, relative and stepparent adoptions.
- Adoptions of Wisconsin 608-821-8220 Adoptions of Wisconsin, Inc. (AOW) is a full-service licensed adoption agency providing services for interstate, independent, stepparent, relative and LGBT adoptions, as well as home studies for embryo adoption.
Hospitals in MadisonAs her due date approaches, it is up to the expectant mother to create a hospital plan for her stay. If you are pregnant and considering adoption for your baby, you will have the opportunity to make many decisions about the labor and delivery process, including who will be in the delivery room with you, who gets to hold the baby first, how much time you spend with the adoptive family, and more. When you are ready to start making your hospital plan, your adoption agency will communicate with your delivery hospital to ensure everything goes according to your wishes. As you consider your hospital plan, learn more about some local maternity hospitals in Madison:
- Mary’s Hospital 700 S. Park Street Madison, WI 53715 608-251-6100
- UnityPoint Health – Meriter 202 S. Park Street Madison, WI 53715 608-417-6228