Racine Adoption & Foster Care Resources
As a prospective adoptive or birth parent in Racine, you are probably wondering how to adopt or place a baby for adoption in Wisconsin. As you begin your adoption journey, there are many professionals in your area who can help you through the process. Learn more about adoption in Racine below, and find additional information about adoption laws, processes and qualifications on our Wisconsin page.
Racine Adoption ProfessionalsTo begin the adoption process, many hopeful adoptive parents and pregnant women considering adoption first choose an adoption professional to help guide them through the process. You have many choices when selecting an adoption professional. If you are interested in working with an adoption agency or attorney near Racine, consider the following:
- Adoption Services, Inc.
- Adoption Choice, Inc.
- Angel Adoption
- Lifelink International Adoption
- Saint Mary’s Services
How to Become a Foster Parent in RacineBeing a foster parent or adopting from the foster system can be a rewarding way to grow your family. Prior to beginning the foster care or foster-to-adopt process in Racine, all prospective parents must meet certain Wisconsin state requirements. These requirements can be found on our How to Adopt in Wisconsin page. If you are ready to become a foster parent or if you have additional questions, contact a foster care professional in the Racine area:
Home Study Providers in RacineThe home study is one of the most important parts of both the foster care and adoption process. The Wisconsin home study process includes criminal records checks, personal interviews and more. Learn what to expect during the home study process on our adoption in Wisconsin page. It is important to choose a licensed home study professional to ensure your home study complies with all state laws and requirements. To get started, contact one of these trusted home study providers in Wisconsin:
- Adoption Choice 800-255-6305 Adoption Choice Inc. is a Wisconsin licensed nonprofit child placing agency with offices in Green Bay, Milwaukee and Madison. The agency provides services for international, domestic, independent, out-of-state, relative and stepparent adoptions.
- Adoptions of Wisconsin 608-821-8220 Adoptions of Wisconsin, Inc. (AOW) is a full-service licensed adoption agency providing services for interstate, independent, stepparent, relative and LGBT adoptions, as well as home studies for embryo adoption.
- Adoption Babylink (WI) 414-758-9894 Adoption Babylink is a licensed child-placing agency in Wisconsin and Georgia. The agency assists families with domestic and international home studies, home study updates and post-placement reports.
Hospitals in RacineThe baby’s birth is one of the most emotional parts of the entire adoption process, both for birth parents and adoptive families. If you are making an adoption plan for your baby, it will be entirely up to you to decide how you want your hospital stay to go. You will work with your adoption professional to develop a hospital plan and coordinate with your delivery hospital to ensure everything happens exactly as you want it to. When you are ready to begin creating your hospital plan, here are some Racine area hospitals that may be able to assist you:
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare – All Saints 3801 Spring Street Racine, WI 53405 262-687-4011
- Aurora Medical Center in Kenosha 10400 75th Street Kenosha, WI 53142 262-948-5600
- The Birthing Inn at Kenosha Medical Center 6308 8th Avenue Kenosha, WI 53143 262-656-2100