Kenosha Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you are interested in adopting a child or are considering placing your baby for adoption in the Kenosha, Wisconsin, there are local adoption and foster care resources available to you. The following provides information about local adoption agencies, home study providers and other adoption and foster care services in and around Kenosha. Additional resources for expectant mothers and adoptive parents throughout the state can be found on our Wisconsin adoption page.
Kenosha Adoption Agencies and Adoption ProfessionalsWhether you are ready to begin the adoption process or are simply looking for more adoption information, local adoption professionals can be great resources for the services and support you need. The following adoption agencies serve the Kenosha area and are experienced in meeting the needs of adoptive and birth parents in Wisconsin:
- Adoption Services, Inc.
- Adoption Choice, Inc.
- Angel Adoption
- Lifelink International Adoption
- Saint Mary’s Services
Become a Foster Parent in KenoshaIf you are interested in fostering a child in or near Kenosha, you will need to meet all Wisconsin requirements for foster parents and complete the home study process. A licensing worker will visit all prospective foster homes and meet with foster family members to ensure that all requirements are met. For more information about foster care and foster-to-adopt placements in Kenosha and throughout the rest of the state, visit the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families. The following local agencies and resources can also provide additional information about becoming a foster parent in the Kenosha area:
Completing the Home Study in KenoshaThe home study is a major component of every adoption and foster placement, and home study requirements are determined by state statutes. Information about home study requirements, qualifications and approval are available on our How to Adopt in Wisconsin page. When you are ready to begin the home study process, contact any of these legally qualified home study providers in your state:
- Adoption Choice 800-255-6305 Adoption Choice Inc. is a Wisconsin licensed nonprofit child placing agency with offices in Green Bay, Milwaukee and Madison. The agency provides services for international, domestic, independent, out-of-state, relative and stepparent adoptions.
- Adoptions of Wisconsin 608-821-8220 Adoptions of Wisconsin, Inc. (AOW) is a full-service licensed adoption agency providing services for interstate, independent, stepparent, relative and LGBT adoptions, as well as home studies for embryo adoption.
- Adoption Babylink (WI) 414-758-9894 Adoption Babylink is a licensed child-placing agency in Wisconsin and Georgia. The agency assists families with domestic and international home studies, home study updates and post-placement reports.
Hospitals in KenoshaIf you are an expectant mother making an adoption plan for your baby, you will have many choices throughout the adoption process, including complete control over your hospital stay. You will create a hospital plan, which includes your preferences for who is in the delivery room with you, how much you will interact with the adoptive family, and more. The delivery hospital will be aware of your hospital plan ahead of time to ensure a smooth labor and delivery process. When you are ready to make your hospital plan, here are some local hospitals that you may be able to work with:
- Aurora Medical Center in Kenosha 10400 75th Street Kenosha, WI 53142 262-948-5600
- The Birthing Inn at Kenosha Medical Center 6308 8th Avenue Kenosha, WI 53143 262-656-2100